Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2021, 11:28   #1

Boat: Catalina 390, 39'
Portland to Anderson Island, WA - June 2021

Looking for a Captain to get over the Columbia Bar and help rookie sailor Navigate north.

Boat is a Catalina 390 in great shape. I'll have my older brother with me who knows less about sailing than I do. I've had the boat for about a year (out of country for 6 months of that) so I'm still learning how she handles herself but I've taken her upriver (Columbia River) to Cascade Locks. We (my brother and I) stopped overnight at Beacon Rock and then next day went through the locks and stayed in Cascade Locks for a couple days before coming back into Pland. My next river cruise will be in about a month. This will take me downriver to Cathlamet and back over 2 or 3 days.

New Dodger being installed in about a week. New batteries and electrical monitoring system. New solar MPPT charger installed. Boat holds 100 gallons of fresh water and is equipped with a water maker (which I still need to figure out this system). 40 gallons of diesel storage and 35 gallons of black water storage.

ASA 101 and 103 will be completed prior to voyage.

Will want to discuss specifics of the trip with whomever may accompany.
SV Sweet Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 00:00   #2

Boat: Passport 51
Re: Portland to Anderson Island, WA - June 2021

I know a great delivery Captain in Portland who has been through the bar many times. He charges. PM if you'd like the info.
XtaSea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
portland