Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2023, 16:21   #1
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

professional delivery FLA to USVI

Kindly read carefully before responding so that no one is wasting their time. Thank You. Seeking 3rd crew for professional delivery of new 50’ sailing catamaran from Miami to US Virgin Islands departing +/- 23rd Feb. This will be 7 to 9 days underway non-stop, and you will stand solo watches around the clock (with immediate support when needed). You must have a US Passport. The boat is 100% dry underway, and 100% non-smoking – this can’t be faked for 7+ days, btw. Captain is serious about safety and performance but “if it’s not fun, then it’s no fun”. Personalities are as important as skills on this type of trip – it’s not a race, or a thrill-seeking adventure – adventure will come as it likes, typically in the rain on a moonless night in crappy seas. Our job is to move her from “A” to “B” with no damage, and to arrive with the same number of crew we left with. No RockStars please. You must be a decent human being, share the duties, immediately clean up behind yourself, and be easy to get along with, period. The Boat is fully and properly equipped with all safety and comms equipment, etc. You will have a private berth. This is a paid position and you will be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses back to Florida or the USVI and paid a daily rate, agreed upon before departure. We want interested / enthusiastic / qualified candidates to respond with a CV and Cover Letter to our DM here on Cruiser's Forum. We won’t respond to ‘reverse-interview’ questions, or “What’s the Pay” inquiries. Remember, no one is as good as they think they are, especially you and me. Cheers!
Winston Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 15:29   #2

Re: professional delivery FLA to USVI

My name is Evan, and I am a college student living in Los Angeles. I have been working on building up experience crewing on boats since I was a little kid, even spending time living aboard a 41' Beneteau with my family. I raced lasers, 420's and opti sailboats as a kid as well, but certainly still have a lot to learn now that I am old enough to crew larger vessels with other sailors. I hope to continue with shorter passages while I am in school and begin crewing full time when I graduate in spring 2023. I travel extremely light and am accustomed to small quarters. I've worked on the water in the Great Lakes on small craft as well as salvage scuba diving in the summers, logging 25-30 hours on the water a week. I also have my basic life support and have significant experience in critical care both US emergency rooms and foreign mission type clinics.

I am young, fit, and easy to be around. I know that I have much to learn, but I am excited to find opportunities to sail and would love to hear from you.
email @egkroeze@gmail.com

note - I am sure you have already filled the position for the upcoming delivery, but I would love if you could keep me in mind for the future.
evankroeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery