Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-08-2017, 09:43   #1

retired commercial sailing yacht skipper (50's) available

Hi, I sold my last boat a Fountain Pajot 46 cat last year in mexico and I am missing the ocean! I hope to offer you my experience to help you with your ocean crossing, rally, regatta, assisted passage, delivery or extended cruising.

I am looking for sailing opportunities to get out on the water. Not looking to get paid ( and pay tax!) but dont expect to contribute financially.

I ran a yacht charter business from 2003 until 2014 when my wife and I departed from the Middle East bound for South America for a 2 year liveaboard extended cruise. I have skippered and owned yachts from 26 to 52 feet Monos and Cats and covered about 40000 miles including Ocean crossings. I have extensive knowledge of the Med and Caribbean as well as the ARC.

I hold a Master of yachts 200gt and RYA yachtmaster ticket with current commercial endorsement and stcw 95. I am a great cook and also a musician.

I am currently in Europe but willing to fly anywhere!

Lets email and or Skype to discuss the possibilities.

We come as a couple if additional crew are required.
CatCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 11:37   #2

Boat: Ericson 39
Re: retired commercial sailing yacht skipper (50's) available

Hi,

I have a 1971 Ericson 39 currently in Hancock Harbor marina in southern New Jersey. This fall, late October early November, I want to sail her down the eastern seaboard to Titusville Florida. My eventual destination is Luperon Bay in the Dominican Republic, but that will be another trip. I'm easy to get along with and my friend will likely join us as well. I've had this boat a year and my friend and I sailed her from Greenport New York to where she is now on Delaware Bay. I have a full time job and can only afford to take a week or 2 off at a time. We figure 8 days sail, non stop to florida. We have a small fridge and solar panel but the current alcohol stove doesn't work so we were using 2 butane stoves. I'm hoping to get the more labour intensive work done in the Dominican where labour rates are low. My skype is chuckeroo86 and my phone is 514-941-7269. I live in Montreal.

Wes
WesHeald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
commercial, sail, sailing, skipper, yacht