Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2021, 13:42   #1

Boat: Soon (TM)
Retired couple available to crew cruise & deliveries.

Hi! We are CJ&JD.
We are both retired, experienced and vax'ed and ready to crew on deliveries or with anyone needing watch or passage or just cruising crew.

"JD" grew up on Balls Neck in Northumberland county Virginia on the Chesapeake Bay. I have been sailing and boating all of my life. My father taught me how to work on all types of gas and diesel engines, outboards and inboards. Rig, mast, stays, shrouds and standing and running rigging, I know basic brightwork, both fiberglass and stainless fabrication and repair and I am competent, repeat “competent” with all kinds of marine repair and maintenance work.

“CJ” is from deep in the burbs of Chicago and had never met a sailboat until she met JD... 'nough said.

We have spent the last 4 years as race crew during the southern Chesapeake Bay regatta season. We have sailed out of the Hampton Yacht Club and Broad Bay Sailing Association, both out of Little Creek Marina, Little Creek Va. and for Old Point Comfort Yacht Club, out of Old Point Comfort Marina at Ft. Monroe in Hampton Va. As well as out of Fishing Bay Yacht Club of Deltaville Va.

- I owned and sailed a 1981 Catalina 22, hull # 10493. Home port of Gascony Cove, Ingram's Bay on the Chesapeake from 2010 till she was stolen in 2020.
- 2018 I crewed for 8 skippers on 8 different boats in 36 races & deliveries.
- 2019 we raced the Leukemia Cup Regatta and 42 series races and race deliveries. We competed in the Down the Bay Race and raced 2 days of the Annapolis to Newport 2019 Race. We had to retire when a crewman came down sick and was non-responsive (ended OK).
- 2020 was mostly lost to Covid.
- 2021 We have been racing nearly as normal.

I primarily crew as Mainsheet Trimmer also Helm, Cockpit & Foredeck. CJ primarily crews as Mizzen Trimmer, Cockpit & Deck Hand aboard S/V Luna Blu, a 1966 Bristol 39 yawl, owner/skipper, Wm. "Keith" Midgette, out of Old Point Comfort Yacht Club (and Marina) at Ft. Monroe, Hampton VA.

JD has had some limited offshore experience back in his 20's and during the A2N in 2019. We both very strongly wish to build more sea time, cruising, delivery and offshore experience.

CJ&JD Blackwell =/|)=
Cell: 804.400.5433
Email: jayblack69@yahoo.com
JD US Sailing Member ID: 788281R
YT: “JD Blackwell Sailing”
JDBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 19:26   #2

Boat: Moody 34
Re: Retired couple available to crew cruise & deliveries.

Hi! Are you still available! I have a new to me boat and it has so many more systems on board that what any previous boat I’ve owned had. I’d love to have an experience crew onboard for a time while I familiarize myself with the new boat.

Im pretty easy going. I can adapt to most situations. I don’t do drugs and only drink occasionally. I like to have a clear head. Im very sociable and enjoy meeting new people. I enjoy and appreciate the little miracles in everyday life.
Star Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, cruise