Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2018, 04:40   #1

Round the world

44 years old experienced man is looking for an opportunity to sail long distance. I've got 5 years sailing experience mostly single handed (east coast of UK and one North Sea crossing) last year 2017 on my ex boat Morgan Giles 30 which I sold last winter.
I consider myself as a competent skipper with some offshore experience, and willing to learn more. Except vhf radio I do not have any other formal certificate regarding sailing as here in UK not required.
Can do most of boat maintenance work as I fully restored my former boat myself.

I'm particularly interested in round the world sailing visiting remote places with open schedule but can be shorter ones too minimum 3 month.
I can also stay with the boat if you need to go back to your country for whatever reason for any length of time. I will not only look after the boat but also carry out all the necessary maintenance in your absence so when you are back all will be ready for a new adventure.

At the moment I live and work in UK. I hold British and Slovakian passport.
Flexible with time and available from August 18 to till whatever time it takes.
I pay my travel expenses and support myself during the voyage and between. You pay the boat expenses.

My personality is easy going, and unless you are a dictator we will get on well together.
Prefer if the boat is not overcrowded ideally just two or three of us.

Can join you in Europe or USA but wouldn't mind to travel further if it is an interesting opportunity.

Kind regards,

windinsail
windinsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:38   #2

Boat: Roberts/Almarine New York 65SL
Re: Round the world

I have a 65 foot X 12.5 foot beam steel cutter that I built myself. It is a Bruce Roberts NY65 Slimline design that was heavily modified by Almarine when they CAD/CAM. cut the plates. The standing rigging is Colligo DUX synthetic.
She is a big mess because I don't know how to rig the sails or keep her out of trouble. she is a deep draft fin keel Pacific ocean design that can't get. Into any of the marinas around here. I am going to go on the hard until I can get her equipped and crewed for blue water.
I am 76 years old, Celtic and married. I am a novice sailor, but US Navy trained as an airborne combat information center operator, so I can navigate and stand watches.

My attitude towards cruising is the same as yours. Hopefully the two of us can manage the boat and have plenty of room for the occasional guest.
ssiowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 10:04   #3

Offer accepted
windinsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 14:14   #4

If that offer doesn't work out I might have a proposal that would interest you. I have a 39 foot custom built blue water sailboat available for open ended round the world cruising, part of it with me onboard and perhaps other legs on your own, as it is well-suited to single-handing. Sounds like we have a similar level of experience and are roughly the same age. Feel free to email me at mcgovernj4@aol.com if you want to discuss further. Thanks
timelynomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 12:06   #5

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'

If you still Looking

I have a 57' Bruce Robert in Jacksonville, Fl and I need to go down to Brazil anytime if the weather is ok let me know if you interested Terry 346-617-0792
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
round the world