Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2018, 13:57   #16

Boat: Beneteau 473
Re: Sailing Key West to Havana Feb 2019

Every post on CF that goes bad generally starts with the words in the original message. Yours is like a magnet for negative comments. I applaud your coral restoration efforts. It would be nice if you concentrated your efforts in the US, say the Keys or even Puerto Rico maybe. Places we can all visit without OFAC and 3300s and ....etc etc

An underwater hotel is iffy at best. Especially if it's in a location that has suffered from years and years of environmental abuse. If you are planning to be within a hundred miles of Havana Harbor I expect the UW scenery will be one of trash and pollution. Of course that could be most any place on earth today since few countries really gaf about what washes into our oceans. Maybe if your request was less about your daring feats on your high tech yacht and more about just what it is you are looking for this would have gone better. Even I could not resist joining the fray and I am absolutely not a joiner!
SilentOption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 14:31   #17
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Now you've done it.
"Your hotel" doesn't exist yet, does it? All you have is an illustration and some pep talk for a proposed $26.5 million dollar vessel, not built, not sea trialed, not anything yet. So getting permission from Cuba, or anyone else, to dock it and operate commercial operations of it, is all still pie in the sky.
Not that engineers can't build it, I'm sure. Building it strong enough to work, to come in under budget, to get funds actually raised, and, oh yes, to make it strong enough to voyage as a vessel? Nice if it happens, but about as speculative as Musk's Mars Colony right now.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 14:47   #18
H34

Nice to be included with Elon and SpaceX type ventures. The Cuban government is the decision maker YES or NO.

Makes no difference to me. So FOXNEWS will report and that will be said and done.

Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos are reaching for the stars while Tony Webb is self funding and never accepted a dime will now be accepting VIP Guests sales once the Minister of Tourism for the Republic of Cuba says am permission to anchor... the almost exact same permissions as ever cruise ship arriving in Havana must have.

Elon Musk and I would enjoy seeing this happen and TRUST ME... 4,380 VIP Guests will... and a crew needed and this is the entity of my posting.

Best wishes

Tony Webb
Send CV, resume or bio to aagg123@yahoo.com

In closing...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019
H34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 14:50   #19

Boat: Scout 30

Considering your holier than thou attitude I'm thinking an underwater church makes a lot more sense than a hotel.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 15:15   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cape George 31

Tony,
Thank you for posting those links. To be fair, you must admit that your OP sounded a little vague--I think it was only fair to ask for more info. I do sincerely wish you the best of luck, even if I'm still puzzled as to why Cuba is the lynchpin to this idea, which seems like it would be interesting to many more places. I can see this idea working for pretty much anywhere in the tropics.
Again, good luck.
Old 26-12-2018, 16:09   #21

I would really be interested. Unfortunately, I have just sent $10,000 to a certain Nigerian prince in order for him to get access to his millions. He is going to share it with me.
Best of luck, especially in getting that special lady to go with you.
conchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 16:14   #22

Boat: Scout 30

This isn't a pipe dream. It's a crack pipe dream.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 05:57   #23

Boat: Nonsuch 30Ultra Grand Banks 36

What great fun we are having here. This is much better than the nephew of the Prime Minister of Nigeria. When do we get asked for the bank account numbers so we can share the wealth?
What a poorly presented scam.
One day sail in a very ordinary boat, female required, share the cost of food ? (2 McDonald's should do it) and a movable hotel,oops -underwater movable hotel.
The US gov't should be advised-fraud attempt.
My calendar is screwed up-this must be April 1
MultiCountryDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key west, sail, sailing