Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2024, 18:33   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Shopping - Sailboat 35-45'
Seasoned Crew Available

I am looking to help someone with coastal cruising or inland waterway (canals, rivers, etc.) boat movement. I can help with line handling, repairs, navigation or even piloting as required.

I have many thousands of miles of mostly sailing experience. That experience began in the mid-80s and includes inland coastal and island cruising and includes considerable time on power yachts (you should do your own math with that information). I have skippered boats from a Sunfish through a 16-ton 45’ ketch with a bunch between those extremes and in all types of conditions and mostly singlehanded or with minimal crew. I have been off the water for about six years and need to get my feet wet before I purchase my next cruising vessel.

From a technical perspective, I am adept with diesel and outboard engines. I have strong electric/electronic skills with a background in electrical engineering. I also hold amateur and commercial radio licenses, have lots of electronic and computer skills and have an abundance of plumbing experience in the boating environment. With all my sailing experience, I can fix/patch just about anything on a boat, at least well enough to get back to port. I have solid weather and navigation skills. I am a boat geek. I am pretty good in the galley as well.

If you need some free help with your boat travels, lets connect to see if we can help each other. I will pay my expenses to and from your location and I understand how schedules and boating work. I have a relatively flexible schedule; I just cannot be away forever as that time is reserved for my own boat. An ideal endeavor might be a week or two, but we can explore your needs to find common ground.

This is free help, so I don’t want to sign on to a commercial delivery. I want to help you with your boat while I refresh and improve my skills. I also don’t want to get involved in a pre-departure refit. I am fine with preparation, but the vessel needs to already be seaworthy before I get involved. Otherwise, this isn’t a freebie.

Ideally, I want to stay out of the snow but will consider all options. I live in the US Southeast so that is my target territory. As the weather warms, I will be far more eager to tackle the Great Lakes or the Erie Canal. I am not interested in any serious long-term offshore passages, especially on a vessel I do not know intimately. I am fine with most other travel.

I am a US citizen with a valid passport. I speak fluent English and intolerable Spanish, but I am working on it.

Jed
Jed-Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 10:23   #2

Re: Seasoned Crew Available

Hey there, Jed my name is John. I bought a trawler up here in North Carolina having 1000 hour service done on my engines finishing up the bottom job. A few other things should be splashing back in the water in about two weeks would like to find someone to help me transit the ICW down to Daytona Beach
Scarlett Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 14:26   #3

Boat: Privilege 39+2'
Re: Seasoned Crew Available

Hi Jed,

I am moving probably next weekend for a 1-2 day hope down Florida's west coast. Where are you located?
SV_FlyingTigress is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew available