Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2021, 14:57   #1

Thumbs up Seeking experienced Delivery Captain for WA to CA

Hello,

I’m in the Navy and I live on my sailboat. As the military does, they have just told me I’m moving to Ventura, CA and I have to be there by Sept 15th. I could leave as early as August 10th, which I know is very soon.

The only open water experience I have sailing is down in southern CA and I am interested in hiring an experienced sailor to get my boat down there as I have heard there are some challenges with weather, the river marinas, and logging industry that would be beyond my skills. My wife who would be crewing with us has only been sailing with me since 2019, but I have sailed a significant amount over the last 20 years. We are 32yo and 27yo respectively.

If interested, I can provide more details of the boat
Abracer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2021, 15:02   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Seeking experienced Delivery Captain for WA to CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracer7 View Post
Hello,

I’m in the Navy and I live on my sailboat. As the military does, they have just told me I’m moving to Ventura, CA and I have to be there by Sept 15th. I could leave as early as August 10th, which I know is very soon.

The only open water experience I have sailing is down in southern CA and I am interested in hiring an experienced sailor to get my boat down there as I have heard there are some challenges with weather, the river marinas, and logging industry that would be beyond my skills. My wife who would be crewing with us has only been sailing with me since 2019, but I have sailed a significant amount over the last 20 years. We are 32yo and 27yo respectively.

If interested, I can provide more details of the boat

I am an east coast guy and not a candidate for this job - But it would help if you posted the type of boat. 1975 Tartan 28 or a 2021 Jenneau 64?
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2021, 18:23   #3

Re: Seeking experienced Delivery Captain for WA to CA

Thanks Snore. I made that message of an email that had the boat in the subject. It’s a 1972 Columbia 34 sloop that’s been re-done with a new engine and sail drive recently. If I figure out how to edit the original message, I’ll change it. Cheers
Abracer7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain, delivery, enc