Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2020, 11:58   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Short Ocean Sail from Charleston,SC to Cape Charles, VA

Ahoy Mates -

I'm going to be moving my Lagoon 420 from Charleston, CS to Cape Charles, VA leaving Charleston around May 16th. Seeking able bodied (1 or 2) mate(s) to help. Food, fuel covered, possibly transport. Drop a msg if interested. Cheers,

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:59   #2

Boat: Hunter 30 G
Re: Short Ocean Sail from Charleston,SC to Cape Charles, VA

Wish I could join ya, we love Cape Charles.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:56   #3

cool. I hear its a great place
Old 13-05-2020, 13:21   #4

Hi Rob: I am willing and able! Have sailed mostly smaller sailboats in the Gulf and coastal off of St. Augustine. Plan is to be living aboard within a year or so. I am out of work presently so plenty of time.....and would love to get some ocean time and navigation experience. Lagoon 420 is a beautiful boat! I am 62, veteran, excellent health. I do smoke but always downwind. Let me know if you're still looking. Thanks Richard
richtay57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 07:12   #5

Howdy Rob- I'd really like to crew for you on this upcoming trip. First I'm going to tell you the biggest reason you shouldn't choose me: I've never crewed on a long distance sailing trip before.
-I have experience with smaller sail boats and I've been learning as much as I can about sailing for the past 2 months by reading and talking to other sailors.
- I'm nineteen, pretty strong and I'm not adverse to hard work. I have no problem with sobriety.
- I'm a jack of many trades, most valuable in these circumstances I'd assume would be cooking and medicine (as well as basic first aid)
-I've been in similar circumstances before and know my breaking point. I know that I can endure similar difficult situations.
-I can take care of my own transportation.

I honestly just want to learn as much as I can about this lifestyle before diving in head first. I know enough to know that's there is a lot about sailing I don't know, and I doubt I'll ever learn it all, but I'd like to close that gap just a little bit by tagging along on this trip and doing what I can to help. If you have any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer them as truthfully as I can.
Thanks, John-
Godspeed- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 17:17   #6

Hi, New to the forum but not to sailing. My wife and I keep an old Helms 24 on Lake Norman in NC, but we're both missing the salt water! I learned to sail on my Grandfather's pacific seacraft and my wife has crewed for SEA education association on two voyages (One crossing the atlantic and one crossing the Pacific). Neither one of us has sailed a catamaran and we're forever researching and planning for our "Forever" boat so this would be an awesome opportunity to learn something. We can handle our own transport and pitch in for other provisions if need be. We've both also done medium length trips, me in the caribbean and her in the thousand islands, but most of our day to day sailing is on a small lake boat.
B0atdrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 18:51   #7

I'm landing in Charleston tomorrow late morning. Let's chat on skype or phone tomorrow afternoon, evening if youd like. Cheers , Rob
What's a good way to call you?
Old 15-05-2020, 19:19   #8

Hi Rob:

Just sent you a PM. Good to go.

Richard
richtay57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 09:56   #9

Rob, I have a 2000 Beneteau 411 “Aquus” at the Charleston City Marina. I am also interested in short sails along the East coast. Chareston to Miami and ports in between. Did you come across any good candidates for crew?!
Thanks, Greg (summ007@gmail.com)
SailRex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail