Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2024, 22:51   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 385
Skipper and Crew for Tenerife to Buenos Aires

New owner of the beautiful and well maintained Elsa with ideas completely beyond his ability and experience! Elsa a Beneteau 1st 385 built 1990, original owner was Swedish solar engineer who equipped her for oceangoing. I am from strong sailing family unit built by my old man who was a crew for the RN boat in 1st Whitbread RtW. I currently have no experience, so looking for skipper and crew, and just any advice! Trip timing anytime from Jan. 2025 approx
B.A.Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2024, 16:06   #2

Boat: Alberg 29
Re: Skipper and Crew for Tenerife to Buenos Aires

B.A. Ben, I would be interested in being considered for crew for your passage from Tennerife to Buenos Aires. I've been sailing for 30+ years and have accumulated approx. 10,000+ sea miles. Please review my site profile and the brief desc. of my sailing CV below.
For the past few years I've only done local sailing on Lake Michigan but am getting back into long distance sailing. Current schedule includes a delivery from Erie PA to Mackinaw Island, MI in July.

Sea Miles: 13,885 Sea Days: 673

Offshore/Coastal Experience:
• 2012/May-Crewed aboard Starchaser, a 38’ Shannon Cutter, from St. Thomas, USVI, to Youngstown, NY via the Hudson River, Erie and Oswego Canals and Lake Ontario, with Captain David Block and owner Kevin Campbell, 22 sea days
• 2011/Oct – Crewed aboard a new Sunsail 41, delivery from Annapolis, MD to Norfolk, VA, with Captain David Block, 1 sea day
• 2011/Sep – Crewed aboard “Blowing Wind, a 35’ Beneteau, delivery from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl to Freeport, Bahamas (round trip), with Captain David Block, 2 sea days
• 2011/Jul – Crewed aboard “Nyanza”, a 42’ Hinckley Sou’wester 42, delivery from Erie, PA to Ludington, MI, with Captain David Block, 7 sea days
• 2010/Dec - Crewed aboard “Shibumi”, a 65’ New Zeeland 65’ custom Pilot House Ketch, delivery from Curacao to St. Thomas, USVI, with Captain/Owner Christian Lambertsen, 12 sea days
• 2010/Oct – Crewed aboard “Maligaya”, 50’ Stevens, delivery from Wilmington, NC to Key Largo, FL, with Captain Gareth Hughes, 8 sea days
• 2010/Jun-Jul – Crewed aboard Paradise II, a 60’ Irwin, delivery from St. Thomas, USVI to Grenada, with Captain/Owner Bernd Bohmfalk, 16 sea days
• 2010/Jan - Crewed aboard “Shibumi”, a 65’ New Zeeland 65’ custom Pilot House Ketch, delivery from Beaufort, NC to St. Thomas, USVI, with Captain/Owner Christian Lambertsen, 10 sea days
• 2009/Dec - Chartered (Captained) “Island Time”, a 32’ Beneteau, out of BVI Yacht Charters, Tortola BVI, 10 sea days
• 2008/Sep - Crewed aboard “Cali”, a 35’ Island Packet, delivery from Gloucester, MA to Beaufort, NC , with Captain Nick Popovich, 8 sea days
• 2008/Jul - Crewed aboard “Blue Chip”, a 36’ Mariner during the 2008 Chicago/Mackinaw race, with Captain Rick Noorman, 4 sea days/nights/
• 2008/Jul - Crewed aboard “Maxine, a J-44, delivery from Hamilton, Bermuda to Rye, NY, with Captain Murray Jacobs, 5 sea days
• 2007/Jun - Crewed aboard a chartered 54’ Irwin, Paradise, with Captain Bernd Bohmfalk, British Virgin Islands, 7 sea days

• 2007 American Sailing Association (ASA) Certification 101, 103, 104, 105
• 2008 CPR/AED Certification – American Red Cross
Old 14-06-2024, 10:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.Ben View Post
New owner of the beautiful and well maintained Elsa with ideas completely beyond his ability and experience! Elsa a Beneteau 1st 385 built 1990, original owner was Swedish solar engineer who equipped her for oceangoing. I am from strong sailing family unit built by my old man who was a crew for the RN boat in 1st Whitbread RtW. I currently have no experience, so looking for skipper and crew, and just any advice! Trip timing anytime from Jan. 2025 approx
Hi, I am Mauro, from Brazil.
I sailed from Salvador- Bahia (Brazil) until Trinidad and Tobago. It was 2500 NM. And I am looking for more opportunities to sail again.
Could you tell me more about your plans?
Mauro Brazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2024, 04:10   #4

PM send
Thanks
Old 27-06-2024, 02:09   #5

Boat: Beneteau First 385

Of course Punta Del Este maybe a better option, skippers
B.A.Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:42   #6