Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2020, 07:27   #31

Boat: Manta 42 Mk II
Re: St. Thomas to Ft. Lauderdale

My wife and I made that trip twice in our Manta 40 catamaran. We went non-stop both times and it took one week. In May 2013 we did it by ourselves from Culebra to Miami (wing-and-wing 90% of the time!). Four-hour shifts with modifications depending on each person's stamina or lack thereof (we were both in our 60's). In May 2015 we went from St. Thomas to Key West with another crewman. Four on, eight off was much better than the first trip. With all the coronavirus concerns I would definitely do it non-stop. Even if places let you in, they may want a 14-day quarantine.
WantTo is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules