Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2019, 08:07   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Timid USCG Master Available for Deliveries

Ok now that I have your attention. To clarify, I have been called many things—- but never timid!!

I am a 100 Ton USCG Master, Sailing Endorsement and ASA Instructor. Safety of crew and vessel are always the #1 priority. On a delivery, I treat your boat better than I treat my own. As Master, I have delivered boats from Boston to the Virgin Islands and Tampa to Gibraltar, as well as many, many ports in between. Vessels range from a PSC Flicka to a 50’ Cat.

As of now I have availability until Nov-15 and after 2-Jan.

Owners are always welcome to crew their deliveries. I am in the process of migrating from an inReach to a Go device. So, during the delivery you will have access to text via an Iridium Go. We can also get on-demand weather updates via the Go device.

Please contact me through my profile, a link to my website appears there also. You can also check my website and some of my posts to understand a little more about me.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 02:54   #2

Re: Timid USCG Master Available for Deliveries

Bill,

You're hilarious.

(Of course, I wondered if the "timid" was some sort of weird auto-correct.)

Hope you have a busy winter - full of deliveries.

Fair winds,
LittleWing
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 07:54   #3
FEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Ok now that I have your attention. To clarify, I have been called many things—- but never timid!!

I am a 100 Ton USCG Master, Sailing Endorsement and ASA Instructor. Safety of crew and vessel are always the #1 priority. On a delivery, I treat your boat better than I treat my own. As Master, I have delivered boats from Boston to the Virgin Islands and Tampa to Gibraltar, as well as many, many ports in between. Vessels range from a PSC Flicka to a 50’ Cat.

As of now I have availability until Nov-15 and after 2-Jan.

Owners are always welcome to crew their deliveries. I am in the process of migrating from an inReach to a Go device. So, during the delivery you will have access to text via an Iridium Go. We can also get on-demand weather updates via the Go device.

Please contact me through my profile, a link to my website appears there also. You can also check my website and some of my posts to understand a little more about me.

Hi there, I just have to ask because things always change, are you available after thanksgiving for a trip from Deale, MD to Florida? Not sure how long it would take but I'd like to be home before Christmas =)
...I'm going where the sun keeps shining through the pouring rain, going where the weather suits my close...Banking off of the northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze...and skipping over the ocean like a stone...
FEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 04:57   #4
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEC View Post
Hi there, I just have to ask because things always change, are you available after thanksgiving for a trip from Deale, MD to Florida? Not sure how long it would take but I'd like to be home before Christmas =)

I am just finishing a delivery. While committed until Thanksgiving I will have some internet and then off to the BVI for delivery and owner training.

Would mid-December work? Feel free to contact me through my website. A link is in my profile. That emailed is monitored while I am away.

Bill
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 27-11-2019, 17:28   #5

Boat: Catalina 34

Hello
I have a Catalina 34.5 sailboat, I would like to transport my boat to San Diego as soon as possible Im in San Jose del cabo. My self and one other would sail back with you or if possible hire you and your crew to go with out me.
Thank you for also recommending anyone else from your net work
Candace
Candycliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 04:06   #6
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycliff View Post
Hello
I have a Catalina 34.5 sailboat, I would like to transport my boat to San Diego as soon as possible Im in San Jose del cabo. My self and one other would sail back with you or if possible hire you and your crew to go with out me.
Thank you for also recommending anyone else from your net work
Candace
I am home for Thanksgiving, headed out tomorrow- but will PM you this mooing with a brief proposal.

Track me on. https://forecast.predictwind.com/tra...y/BillHerrmann
Old 06-12-2019, 12:37   #7
Marine Service Provider

Just finished a crazy fast Ft Laud to St Thomas delivery - 8 days!

I have some tentative openings before Christmas and openings in January. Please let me know how I can help

Bill
Old 07-12-2019, 10:33   #8

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

Sent you a lead yesterday for Hampton to St Augustine.
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 18:29   #9
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspicious View Post
Sent you a lead yesterday for Hampton to St Augustine.
Thanks.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:02   #10
Marine Service Provider

Hope everyone had a great New Years. Just finished a few delivers and a new owner training/insurance certification. Training included using my Go device together with Presict wind and Luck Grib.

I will be available beginning 20 January. All offshore deliveries are planned and done using latest weather delivered through the on-board GO device. Plea

Please check my website (link in profile) or message me to discuss how I can be of service.
Old 08-01-2020, 13:29   #11
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Hope everyone had a great New Years. Just finished a few deliveries and a new owner training/insurance certification. Training included using my Go device together with Predict wind and Luck Grib.

I will be available beginning 20 January. All offshore deliveries are planned and done using latest weather delivered through the on-board GO device.

Please check my website (link in profile) or message me to discuss how I can be of service.

PS I run boats better than I type on my iPhone!!

Tags
mast