Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2018, 16:58   #1

Boat: Bayfield 29 Cutter
Trenton or Oswego/Lake Ontario to Philadelphia PA, USA

Hi All,

(reposting after confirming destination)

I have recently came into possession of a Bayfield 29 sailboat, located in Trenton, Ontario, Canada. I live in central NJ currently. I am looking for a partner or two to share the experience traversing NY canal system (motoring with nightly stops) and thereafter sailing slightly south to Philadelphia. There is no strict schedule / timeline to follow, just looking to have a good / safe time.

For logistics, I will be arriving in Trenton to begin the journey over the Memorial Day weekend (~May 25th). On this day I would be happy to provide a ride from Central NJ or anywhere on the way north to Trenton. Additionally, if you were interested, but the passport requirement would be a detriment, I am fine to preform the first day or two of the journey to Oswego, NY alone, and join you there.

Please let me know if you are interested, have some suggestions or questions for me. I am pretty much cool with anything.

Thanks and have an awesome day.
sona1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 20:33   #2

Re: Trenton or Oswego/Lake Ontario to Philadelphia PA, USA

Good purchase - I looked at the ad for the 29 this spring -Maybe the same boat. Owned a Bayfield 32C from 1990 to 2000 - Sailed Lake Ontario, Erie & Huron - What is the planned duration of your delivery to NJ? Probably not available as crew but I’m tempted to offer.
Tom
Peony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:00   #3

Boat: Bayfield 29 Cutter
Re: Trenton or Oswego/Lake Ontario to Philadelphia PA, USA

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your interest. This is my first ownership so I am glad I have made a positive choice in your eyes. I would allocate about two weeks as a high estimate from my research, but I have flexibility to go slower or faster depending on what would keep everyone happy.

Thanks,
-Paul
sona1111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lake ontario, ontario