Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2016, 06:26   #1

Boat: 61' Bruce Roberts ketch (1986)
Urgent: looking for Crew Florida to Aruba this week

Thanks to a guy dropping us at the last minute, we need urgently a new crew to join us from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba, leaving this Wednesday.

61' Bruce Robert ketch (1986) is looking for one additional crew. In regards with the size of the boat we would prefer a male crew.
Sailing program: One month to go from Miami to Aruba through the Bahamas, Haiti, Bonaire and Curacao.
We will avoid sailing in bad weather.
Current crew: 2 males, 1 female, all in their 50s, + 2 cats
You will have your own cabin on board.
Boat's expenses are covered by the Captain.
We share the cost of the food/drinks.
You are responsible for your personal expenses including eventual visas.
Our female crew member is a great French cook.
Be aware that for the few passages we will have to go through, we will steer the boat as there is no auto-pilot.
Caribbeanreiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 14:22   #2

Boat: 61' Bruce Roberts ketch (1986)
Re: Urgent: looking for Crew Florida to Aruba this week

UPDATE: We should not be leaving the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area before this week end to get a great weather for our crossing to the Bahamas
Caribbeanreiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 15:52   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Urgent: looking for Crew Florida to Aruba this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanreiki View Post
Thanks to a guy dropping us at the last minute, we need urgently a new crew to join us from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba, leaving this Wednesday.

61' Bruce Robert ketch (1986) is looking for one additional crew. In regards with the size of the boat we would prefer a male crew.
Sailing program: One month to go from Miami to Aruba through the Bahamas, Haiti, Bonaire and Curacao.
We will avoid sailing in bad weather.
Current crew: 2 males, 1 female, all in their 50s, + 2 cats
You will have your own cabin on board.
Boat's expenses are covered by the Captain.
We share the cost of the food/drinks.
You are responsible for your personal expenses including eventual visas.
Our female crew member is a great French cook.
Be aware that for the few passages we will have to go through, we will steer the boat as there is no auto-pilot.
Howdy and Ahoy!

I saw your post that you are still looking for crew. I first noticed your "Crew Wanted" posts some weeks ago.

I am currently available to help you for as long as 30-45 days or for the duration of your voyage or some part of it as you make your way to Aruba.

I am available now on short notice (in as little as 24 hours), my seabags are packed, I have my own Personal Safety Gear (PFD, Harness, etc.), I have a valid American Passport, I have a few thousand miles of Blue Water Offshore experience and years of sailing experience, I have been certified by ASA in several levels, and I have time flexibility to help.

I will also be available as Experienced Crew during all of December 2016 and all of 2017 too (unless booked on another boat).

Some conditions apply, which I will cover in a Private Message.

You can read a brief description about me in my CF Profile About Me Page, and I have much more additional information including many testimonials about my character and personality and trustworthiness I can show you online if you are interested.

Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: Steady Hand

I am an experienced, mature (55) and responsible watch-stander who doesn't mind standing watch at 2:00am, I am good at the helm, certified in ASA courses (ASA 101, 103, 104, 105), am a very good cook, know something about navigation, have professional level skills with a camera, and am considered a cheerful guest or shipmate, trustworthy and honest, a good conversationalist, a very positive person, and I am always happy to help or lend a hand. I have studied good seamanship for many years and practice it.

I will send you a Private Message (please check your Private Messages box) with much more information and details and a few suggestions.

If I don't hear back from you, I will assume you found crew. In any case I wish you Bon Voyage!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Aruba, crew, florida