Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2022, 07:30   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
pirate Volunteer Crew Wanted for 50’ Catamaran Departing Panama for Hawaii Early November.

Volunteer Crew Wanted for 50’ Catana Departing Panama for Hawaii Early November.

(The Passage) This delivery will begin in Panama City, Panama around November 7 2022. Language on board will be a combination of English and Spanish so bi-lingual candidates are preferred but not required. This passage is nearly 5,000 nautical miles and is expected to take 30 to 40 days with no planned stops so be prepared and available for this long commitment. Typically we motor-sail in light winds up the coast towards and along the coast of Mexico for 1000 to 2000 miles until we reach a latitude of favorable winds and then turn west sailing offshore directly towards Hawaii.

(The Boat) Is a very well maintained 2007 Catana 50. She is very well equipped exceeding USCG safety requirements. With ample solar, a generator, watermaker, life raft, Epirb, multiple satellite communication devices with offshore weather, tracking and email, recently serviced Volvos, she is well equipped for safe and comfortable offshore passage making. Here is a link to specs and photos of the boat, sailboat.guide/kk21pn . You should also know that while this is a fast performance boat that may get moving nicely from time to time, in general we sail slow and conservatively offshore to prevent damage on long passages so DO NOT anticipate a racing environment pushing this boat towards its limits.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft sloop and has since completed over 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. A link to my sailing resume, references, and contact info is available on the ‘about me’ section of my profile here or on my sailingsalsa website. In addition to myself there are also two other highly qualified crew members with extensive experience sailing catamarans offshore. We are looking for a final fourth crew member to round off the team. Here is a link to specs and photos of the boat, sailboat.guide/kk21pn .

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am seeking volunteer crew. On-board food/provisioning and passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner and reasonable travel expenses / airfare is available for those with a substantial amount of sailing experience. Going out to eat, food and drinks at the marina restaurant, or any entertainment is your responsibility. Flights would be into Panama City, Panama (PTY) and then later out of HNL, Honolulu Hawaii. All crew are expected to take direction and help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch as required , usually on a rotational basis both day and night, helping with navigating, collision avoidance, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain sea-miles and especially for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of qualified captain underway. What you don’t know you will be taught, you could easily obtain all of the skills required to operate a cruising offshore by the end of this passage if you make the effort.

(Requirements for the crew) Please feel free to post here but also send me a private message or email including your phone number, location, nationality, age, languages spoken, and any other contact info. Let me know why you would like to take this trip. Tell me about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). You will need to be able to arrive in Panama no later than November 7th and remain free for up to 4-6 weeks. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Catana 50.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	265769  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 21:50   #2

Boat: Tartan 27
Re: Volunteer Crew Wanted for 50’ Catamaran Departing Panama for Hawaii Early Novembe

PM sent. 25k nm miles delivery as crew. Excellent references. Please see my CF profile for more information.

Thank you
Sailor Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2022, 21:52   #3

Boat: Tartan 27
Re: Volunteer Crew Wanted for 50’ Catamaran Departing Panama for Hawaii Early Novembe

And thank you for your complete post. It enables potential crew to make an informed decision.
Sailor Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 09:05   #4

Sounds great
CatSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2022, 08:42   #5

Boat: Holiday 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Mickeymill

Hi I am interested. Please feel free to email me on Mike19611020@gmail.com. would u pay for flights to and From SA.
Mickeymill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2022, 11:27   #6

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

ALL CREW POSITIONS ARE FILLED. Thanks to everyone who reached out!
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, crew, crew wanted, hawaii, Panama, wanted