Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2021, 05:03   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Volunteer delivery crew wanted for 50ft Cat 6-7 days offshore, D.R. to Panama June 15

Volunteer delivery crew wanted for 50ft Catamaran, 6-7 days offshore, D.R. to Panama June 15.

(The Passage) This delivery will begin in Samana, Dominican Republic on or around June 15 and is approximately 1,000 nautical miles of most likely non-stop offshore sailing. The complete passage should take between 6-8 days and finish in Shelter Bay Marina, Panama, at the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal. I always hope to sail as much as possible however this is a delivery and we will certainly use the motors as much as required to expedite the passage. Our exact departure and progress will be coordinated with and monitored by our professional weather router. Offshore tracking, texts, weather and email should be available to the crew as well.

(The Boat) Is a 2020 Leopard 50 Catamaran. Plenty of info about this model is available online. This Leopard has sailed on its own hulls from South Africa to Panama and more recently from Panama to Florida by me. She is equipped with the standard offshore safety equipment such as flares, life jackets, life raft, etc. It has also been hauled out and undergone an extensive survey since its arrival in Panama after the Atlantic crossing. This is a four cabin model so each crew member should have their own cabin and head to themselves.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop and since completed over 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. The Mate is also an experienced sailor and circumnavigator with over 50,000 nm of offshore experience. I have delivered this same vessel last year from Panama to Florida so I am familiar with the boat and my sailing resume and contact info is available on my cruisersforum profile ‘about me’ section.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am seeking volunteer crew. There will likely be three or four of us on board in total. On-board food and passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner. You would be responsible for your travel expenses and anything spent off of the boat (flights, restaurants, , entertainment, etc.) This is not a paid position however some travel expenses may be available for the right person with significant offshore experience. Flights would most likely be in to Santo Domingo or possibly Punta Cana, DR and then later out of Panama City, Panama. If you require travel expenses please let me know when you initially contact me. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch as required , usually on a rotational basis both day and night, helping with navigating, collision avoidance, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain sea-miles and especially for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a well-qualified captain and mate underway. What you don’t know you will be taught.

(Requirements for the crew) Feel free to message/reply here but also please send me a private message or email including your phone number and any other contact info. Let me know if you require any assistance with travel expenses and tell me why you would like to take this trip. Have you been vaccinated? Tell me about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks, second languages, etc,). I tend to give preference to fully vaccinated people with at least some offshore experience who know they do not get seasick. You should be available to arrive in the DR on or around June 14th and have an open schedule for the following 2 weeks.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leopard 50-8180 PHOTO.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	239755  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:07   #2

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Re: Volunteer delivery crew wanted for 50ft Cat 6-7 days offshore, D.R. to Panama Jun

ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED. Thank you everyone for the response. I may have another delivery from USVI to Panama or FL starting around June 30th just after we finish this one. I will post details here once it is confirmed but feel free to message me if you have an interest.
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, delivery, offshore, Panama, wanted