Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Polar Regions
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2024, 11:00   #1

Lofoten Peninsula - Bareboat Charter - August 2024

Dear Cruisers,

I am chartering a 2013 Bavaria 50 Cruiser out of Harstad this August 2024. Current route plans are (numbers are waypoints):
0 - Harstad-
1 - Lodingen
2 - Skrova
3 - Henningsvaer
4 - Hemmingodden
5 - Solvaer
6/7 - Trollfjord on to Lodingen
0 - Harstad

I set up this route in Navionics. There are the usual cautions regarding shallow water. Recent Predict Wiind ad hoc checks show winds in the low teens (kts) and wave heights less than a meter. Most of this route is on the south side of the Lofoten peninsula, with a couple of excursions into inlets that run roughly north/south.

This is roughly 200NM in six days. The charter company tells me that reservations for berths are not required, sail in, tie up, pay the slip fee in a drop box, and sail on. That seems too good to be true.

I have also asked about narrow fairways, draft restrictions, air restrictions (mast height), etc. I'll have a dinghy, so anchoring is also an option.

Any advice, experiences, cautions, or other information that anyone can share will be greatly appreciated. Also, any suggestions for alternatives to the planned stops are welcome.

Thanks for you consideration.
GypsyNukeSSDV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat, boat, charter