Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19   #1

Boat: Hunter E33
2013 Hunter 40

Heard they unveiled one at Annapolis last week. Anyone take a look? I'm interested in thoughts..
Thanks!
GreggL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 22:31   #2

Boat: Carver 440 45 feet
Re: 2013 Hunter 40

I really love the cockpit layout with the twin helms, except for the traveler release needs to be moved closer to helms for easier single handing. You had to watch your head on the dodger frame as was the case with other manufacture boats this size I was on (individual height dependent).

This was a prototype and I expect that there will be a very different boat when it comes into production running. I think that as a single head boat (currently with two heads) with a center aft Queen berth, open on three sides it will be a solid alternative for my family cruising needs.

With the Catalina 387 and 400 series no longer in production a Hunter 40 along with the Jeanneau 41DS are the only other shoal draft contenders on our list of potential new boat purchases.

I will reserve judgement, but I can say that the folks at Hunter where definitely taking heed to what people had to say. I wrote a list of must change items for my individual needs as well as likes and and some other additional feature options.

Given the fact from what was told at the show, Hull #1 was only 8 weeks from drawing board to splash at the show, I truly view what I stepped on was a prototype and will reserve judgement on the ultimate production design and how well it sails as a shoal draft boat.

I emailed my comment to Glen Emerson at Hunter marketing late afternoon today. So it will be a wait and see. My focus is on a shoal draft living on the Gulf coast of Florida, an aft cabin center queen that I do not have to win the lottery to potentially buy. This may be a small segment of the boat buying population and everyone has their own merit matrix; but these are some of my items.

There were lots of people as well as new boats. This was my first time at this show and I spent two days and did not see all I wanted.

George
george8299 is offline   Reply With Quote