Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 22:48   #31

Boat: 50’ Bavaria
Re: 98’ steel rob Ladd project boat

If it were near me I’d buy it, take the keel off and move it on to land to live aboard

Could easily make it a very nice house. And save the expense of making it seaworthy.
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 14:23   #32

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisailing View Post
I tried to buy this sailboat at full asking price of $165,000. The broker told me they won’t let anyone do a survey on the boat at all! I’ve never heard anything like that in the dozen or so boats I’ve owned over the last few decades. How can any reputable broker represent a boat like that?!
I’ve no idea why they would not allow a survey. On the other hand I would assume that the asking price is only a very small fraction of restoration cost. Perhaps the broker thinks that the right buyer would be someone with so much money that the condition is no object? I do think that refusing a survey is pretty weird. I suppose no explanation was offered?

I don’t think it’s important that it is reported to have a rusted through hull in one spot. Where that spot is and what the remainder of the hull is like is of great interest.

Speaking for myself I would not want this boat were it brand new and free with upkeep and crew included. I don’t care what the hull is made of. Just not my kind of boat.

Now the below boat would strike my fancy were I considerably younger and richer.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...dard%20listing
hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 11:12   #33

First time post here. I have been looking for a very large yacht. With this I am a experienced boat electrician but now work in media so... With this where is the yard this the boat is located? I am not a fan of boat brokers tend to find they are less than helpful. After selling our current boat I will have some extra funds to pour into this after a 50K sale price.

1. Can the hull be repaired? Does the yard do the work?
2. Engines usable?
3. Rigging should only be from the 2007 refit. but how bad is the mast?

Not too worried about decks, wiring, and the rest that is easy.

PM me with any information out there. As long as the boat is not totally dead I am interested.
Canyonkeeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, project, steel