Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2021, 07:37   #31

Boat: Newport 28 II
Re: Anyone familiar with a Havis 33? Very rare can't find anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I'll play devils advocate here. It's common that house prices go up. In California at least 4% a year but recently more. I have seen people sell their homes, go cruising, only to come back to an increased market they can no longer buy into. Plus...cruising is not cheap.

Maybe you're not going cruising in which case, now you have slip rent and yearly boat maintenance. For a Force 50 with liveaboard status, plan on paying at least $1000 a month. I would also guess maintenance on a Force 50 in the water is going to be in the neighborhood of $6000-10,000 a year. More if you're buying s fixer. A Force 50 being a teak decked Taiwan boat, is likely to have water intrusion problems either now of in the future. Often times but the time soft decks are detected, the damage is done and the money to fix it would drain your back account quickly.
4%???? a year in California???
Think again, my properties in California have increased in the 15-20% range a year for the past few years.
I WILL STAY A “DIRT PERSON “ thank you!!!
tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 07:45   #32

Boat: Shanon 38 Ketch "Just Imagine:

Also look at the Tung Hwa Diana Cutter 34
https://youtu.be/TevrpeFtPug
https://m.facebook.com/Tung-Hwa-34-113913570008096/
Howard Just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 08:37   #33

Boat: 40 Ocean trawler "Crew's Inn"

[QUOTE no help here but I must say I am so envious of your project boat! Wish you lived near me and I could donate time to assist you with my various and sundry marginal skills. Some are good some not and I do know the difference. Good luck !=DerrickFettig;3534828]Owned her for a few months now but there seems to be no information at all on her. The closest boat that matches her is a young sun 35. She was built in 1981.[/QUOTE]
skipperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 08:51   #34

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
4%???? a year in California???
Think again, my properties in California have increased in the 15-20% range a year for the past few years.
I WILL STAY A “DIRT PERSON “ thank you!!!
I was being conservative for sure. My ranch has gone up about 17% a year. I quoted low as not to get into a debate and to compare to sailboats on the market that "generally" decrease in value and cost each year to maintain.

I have known people who lived on their boats for 30+ years. It worked for them. I like the flexibility having both. I worked hard to have both.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 08:56   #35

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Just View Post
Sure does look like the same boat to me.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 13:07   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
Like "electrolysis" and "osmosis", "black iron" is just a cool sounding term that docktalkers have glommed onto.

On "electrolysis" and "osmosis" all one has to do is research the scientific meaning of these words to expose the mythology. A little research on the term "black iron" will reveal that it's an old (very old) plumbing slang term to differentiate between galvanized steel pipe and raw steel pipe based on colour but has no real meaning in metallurgical terms.
Yeppers~‘ Black Iron ‘ pipe is used for Residential Natural gas- its just non galvanized steel. Magnetic as well. Used as a cost saver.
SofaKingFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 16:47   #37

We had a Hans Christian 34. The hin on our boat was port side near the stearn just above the designed waterline. If the hull was painted it maybe hard to find
Cynara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 16:48   #38

Sorry starboard side
Cynara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 17:08   #39

Definitely some work to do but looks like some good bones.
I’d be surprised if it doesn’t sell
Warren149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 14:23   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickFettig View Post
Owned her for a few months now but there seems to be no information at all on her. The closest boat that matches her is a young sun 35. She was built in 1981.
If she's layed out with a pullman berth amidships, a rear starboard cabin and the head in the bow I'd say it's a HC33 clone out of the same yard. Great boats if that's what you've found.
Juggerknot is offline   Reply With Quote