Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2009, 18:10   #106
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
What does OS stand for? How does the link help find the article? I'd be happy to read it but since it appears the article is not available how is anyone supposed to form a different conclusion that what they had from the original post?
Palarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 18:10   #107

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibul View Post
Well, here's another one. Nice monohull. Here in the Turks and Caicos Islands...

And you said you needed a shallow draft...

Looks fun to dive on...

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 18:23   #108
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
I like your signature Zeehag... at least I could borrow 2 out of 3... well it depends... maybe... is it padded??.... enought to keep a beer cold... or a couple even???
LOL......that one pic certainly has some depth!!! love the disaster pix--it really is about which one likes the best not anything at all else----my kat likes monohulls and tortugas lol....his favorite monohull is very very slow!!! is a formosa 41---is bubbas boat...LOL....monohulls appeal to some and multi to others --and in the mean time--i will hang with a real kat lol.......lol if t fits ye can borry it---lol would prolly look cuter n beans lol......not padded lol
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 19:30   #109

Boat: 1966 Chris Craft 20' Sea Skiff
As was mentioned briefly before, this discussion is one of romance for me too.

Cats are unparalleled for excitement, speed, thrills, and function. The first time I raced a Tornado I had to go home and change pants. Ever try to get poop out of a wet suit? Something that never happened even on 505's during a gale.

But the emotion in the lines of a boat from the shed of Colin Archer, Olin Stevens, Carl Alberg, Ray Hunt, our own Bob Perry, the list goes on and on.....

Take any 40' cat and put it next to a Mason 43, Hinckley B-40, Concordia Yawl, or any Morris and for me there is no question.

Cats are the women I want to party with.....Monos are the women I want to marry
good1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 21:28   #110

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by good1734 View Post

That would make a great signature line

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 21:59   #111

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Quote:
Exactly why I got into cats

The romancing is so much better on a level King Sized bed.

Compare that to the cramped, damp and rolly berth in the mono and there is no contest.
Old 18-11-2009, 22:28   #112

Boat: Privilege 39
Quote:
Are Cats that Great?
Not only are they "that great", they are even better than great! (but don't expect fair coverage around here on this forum!)
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 23:51   #113

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quote:

Cats are unparalleled for excitement, speed, thrills, and function. The first time I raced a Tornado I had to go home and change pants. Ever try to get poop out of a wet suit? Something that never happened even on 505's during a gale.

But the emotion in the lines of a boat from the shed of Colin Archer, Olin Stevens, Carl Alberg, Ray Hunt, our own Bob Perry, the list goes on and on.....

Take any 40' cat and put it next to a Mason 43, Hinckley B-40, Concordia Yawl, or any Morris and for me there is no question.

That is the best post, hands down.

Cat man do - uh at the risk of stepping out of my normally modest self...uh well how do I put this..OK I'll man up and say it - the v berth offshore in a mono is the perfect combo. nuf said.you didn't hear that from me.
E
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 00:37   #114

Boat: deboated
Not only are they "that great", they are even better than great! (but don't expect fair coverage around here on this forum!)
And what do you call fair coverage?
The more this thread goes on the more I am taking a dislike to Cat owners not the boats. Swaggering, we are the greatest, we have two motors you only have one, every one wants to party on our boat. "The romancing is so much better on a level King Sized bed.

Compare that to the cramped, damp and rolly berth in the mono and there is no contest.
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 01:33   #115

Boat: 1969 Morgan 40 Cruising Ketch "Lady Catherine II", 1973 Bristol 34 - "Our Baby"(RIP), Catalina 22
My cat's great, but gets a little freaky when he listens to metal music..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phase 6.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	11192  
and peace and tranquility reign forever!
1969 Morgan 40 Cruising Ketch
Fishman_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 04:02   #116

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyermm View Post
And what do you call fair coverage?
The more this thread goes on the more I am taking a dislike to Cat owners not the boats. Swaggering, we are the greatest, we have two motors you only have one, every one wants to party on our boat. "The romancing is so much better on a level King Sized bed.

Well I have owned a couple of monos , sailed on and built them for many years before getting into building sailing and owning catamarans so feel somewhat qualified to comment.

Can the same be said for you?

Your comments on the beds and twin engines sounds like the green eyed monster coming out again

Old 19-11-2009, 04:18   #117
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Dissing cats is not a good idea...

Old 19-11-2009, 07:24   #118

Boat: Rainbow 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyermm View Post
The more this thread goes on the more I am taking a dislike to Cat owners not the boats. Swaggering, we are the greatest, we have two motors you only have one, every one wants to party on our boat.
Going back and re-reading this thread, I am again struck at the modest replies you received in response to your initial post, which frankly comes across as "Are Cats That Great? No, not really, and here's a magazine article that proves it." You've had cat owners say, "not perfect but the right boat for me," "a different set of compromises, but more to my liking," "maybe not my first choice, but my wife likes it." There's pages and pages of live-and-let-live attitude, and yet you keep hammering away at cat owners like they're the biggest jerks that ever polluted a marina. And then, lucky for you, you got a couple of cat owners to take your bait and do some boasting. Bravo!

I honestly think you won't be satisfied until you get a large contingent of cat owners to say, "You're right! This thing sucks the sweat off a dead dog's balls, and I really wish I'd spent my money on a mono." That's not going to happen, so I guess you'll have to content yourself with your preconceived notion that cat owners are all pompous jerks, even though you'd have to ignore a couple of dozen exceptions right here in your own thread.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to start a new thread on how cutter-rigged ketches are total crap, no matter what you might have heard. I mean, have you ever met the people who sail on those things? Sheesh!
Old 19-11-2009, 07:33   #119

Got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mantis View Post
Going back and re-reading this thread, I am again struck at the modest replies you received in response to your initial post, which frankly comes across as "Are Cats That Great? No, not really, and here's a magazine article that proves it." You've had cat owners say, "not perfect but the right boat for me," "a different set of compromises, but more to my liking," "maybe not my first choice, but my wife likes it." There's pages and pages of live-and-let-live attitude, and yet you keep hammering away at cat owners like they're the biggest jerks that ever polluted a marina. And then, lucky for you, you got a couple of cat owners to take your bait and do some boasting. Bravo!

I honestly think you won't be satisfied until you get a large contingent of cat owners to say, "You're right! This thing sucks the sweat off a dead dog's balls, and I really wish I'd spent my money on a mono." That's not going to happen, so I guess you'll have to content yourself with your preconceived notion that cat owners are all pompous jerks, even though you'd have to ignore a couple of dozen exceptions right here in your own thread.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to start a new thread on how cutter-rigged ketches are total crap, no matter what you might have heard. I mean, have you ever met the people who sail on those things? Sheesh!
Old 19-11-2009, 07:57   #120

Boat: Maine Cat 41
OK, I'll start...

Myrrmm,

You're right! My catamaran sucks the sweat off a dead dog's balls, and I really wish I'd spent my money on a mono.

I can't believe I actually fell for the salesperson's load of crap that multis are perfect in every way while all monos should be scuttled and left to sink and rot on the bottom.

Thanks to your postings on this thread I now realize that I AM A POMPOUS JERK! I have never let the facts or the reasoned responses of others get in the way of believing that cats were the best. WOW, what an ass am I? (Rhetorical of course, since I have been enlightened by this thread.)

Thank you for starting this thread, you sir, are an example of the highest order that we should all aspire to.

Fair Winds,
Mike
YOGAO is offline   Reply With Quote