Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 09:07   #211
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Boats with Shallow Draft for Florida, Bahamas, Chesapeake

Bayfield 29

Specifications:
Designer = Ted Gozzard
Builder: Bayfield
Keel: Full keel
Ballast = 3000 lbs moulded in lead
Dimensions:
LOA: 29 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 2 in
LWL: 21 ft 9 in
Draft = 3'6"
Displacement = 8000 lbs
SA/D = 18.25

Fuel tank: 20 gallons
Water: 20 gallons
Waste: 10 gallons

Example for sale.
April. 2017
1980 Bayfield 29 | sailboats | St. Catharines | Kijiji
Year = 1980
Location = Ontario Canada
Asking Price = 15,750 CAD [$] = ‎11,737 USD [$]

This particular boat (linked example) appears very clean and has a very clean engine.

Steady's Notes:
This boat model is distinctive for a few reasons:
1. Clipper bow. (I like the look.)
2. Unusual layout that does not have a typical V Berth forward.

It also has a shallow draft, making this a good choice for ICW and Bahamas or Florida Keys cruising. It can be put on a trailer.

I happen to like the layout, because if you are a single (solo sailor) you can enjoy the pullout double berth in the salon settee, or one of the two quarter berths aft. For a small boat (less than 30 feet) it has a good use of space for a single sailor or a couple.

The Diesel engine is relatively small in horsepower (12hp).
The tankage is relatively small (about 20 gallons for fuel or water is common on these boats).
________

Photos I post are for ILLUSTRATIVE purposes!

NOTE: I will include photos of this model or type of boat to ILLUSTRATE the boat design. Not all of the photos I post in a profile such as this are from a single boat, nor necessarily from the boat that is linked with a current sale price. I do this in order to ILLUSTRATE this type or model of boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	144798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3385.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	144799  

Name:	IMG_3386.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	144800   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3387.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	144801  

Name:	IMG_3390.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	144802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3392.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	144803  

Name:	IMG_3396.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	144805   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3399.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	144806  

Name:	IMG_3400.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	144807   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3402.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	144808  

Name:	IMG_3404.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	144809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3398.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	144810  

Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:28   #212
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Yankee 30

LOA = 30'
Beam 9.00' / 2.74m Listed SA: 430 ft2 / 39.95 m2
Draft (max.) 5.00' / 1.52m Draft (min.)
Displacement: 8700 lbs./ 3946 kgs. Ballast: 4130 lbs. / 1873 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 16.32 Bal./Disp.: 47.47%

NOTE: All of the photos in this profile are from a single boat (the one listed for sale via the link below).

From my research notes on this boat design (I did not write the following text):

The Yankee 30 was produced from 1971-1975 by Yankee Yachts, during which time 132 of these boats were constructed. As a consequence of the oil crisis and rising cost of fiberglass resins in the mid-1970s and John Shumaker’s refusal to reduce the quality of his boats, Yankee Yachts ceased production in 1975.

The Yankee 30 is a beautiful sailboat, designed by Sparkman & Stephens (S&S design No. 1999) and originally built by Yankee Yachts in Santa Ana, California. The yacht is well suited to both racing and cruising, with a tall keel-stepped mast and high aspect sail plan to improve light airs performance, high ballast to displacement ratio to make them stiff and dry to weather, and a bustle and skeg-mounted rudder for ideal handling off the wind. Unlike highly engineered racing boats, the Yankee 30 is somewhat overbuilt. As a result she’s a very sturdy boat. Stability and an easy motion, whether sailing short-handed or with a crew make the Yankee 30 an ideal boat off-shore passages.

Description from recent Sale Listing:

Asking Price = $10,500. (April 2017)

Location = Moss Landing California (Near San Francisco)

https://monterey.craigslist.org/boa/6060019602.html

NOTE: All of the photos in this profile are from a single boat (the one listed for sale via the link below).

S&S designed 30' sailboat.
Wheel steering,
electric windlass,
roller furling jib,
autopilot,
Garmin GPS,
20 hp Universal Diesel engine w/less than 500 hrs,

1 manual and 2 electric bilge pumps, VHF radio, new batteries, lazy jacks.
All lines lead to the cockpit for easy solo sailing. Runs and sails like a charm. Make an offer

Name:	IMG_3527.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	145243   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3515.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	145244  

Name:	IMG_3516.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	145245   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3517.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	145246  

Name:	IMG_3518.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	145247   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3519.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	145248  

Name:	IMG_3520.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	145249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3521.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	145250  

Name:	IMG_3522.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	145251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3523.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	145252  

Name:	IMG_3525.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	145253  
Old 14-04-2017, 12:38   #213
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I started this thread in the Monohull forum on CF for a reason: Most cruisers are looking for an affordable monohull.

Occasionally, I come across a multihull boat that I think might interest the readers of this thread. Here is one.
----------
Steady's Notes:

1. This type and model of boat has circumnavigated (the boats designer circumnavigated and cruised with small children).

2. The design has been around since the 1970s. Many are homebuilt boats, usually of marine plywood. A properly built and maintained plywood boat can last a long time, especially if epoxy coated. .

3. This is a very shallow draft boat with a centerboard in the center hull. This looks ideal for the skinny waters around the Florida Keys and the Bahamas.

4. This particular boat has a large solid deck (with smaller section of netting or trampoline), which provides a lot of deckspace.
----------

Videos

Videos of this boat design, narrated by Jim Brown, the boat's designer. The videos show the boat features and sailing too.

This first little series is about sailing the boat:
http://outrigmedia.com/outrig/multih...shaw-part-one/

This second series is more about living aboard the boat:
http://outrigmedia.com/outrig/multih...tary-part-one/

More about this boat design (excerpt from the blog linked below):

"There are two versions of the 31. Jim Brown cruised on the open wing version, which doesn't have a lot of deck space. The Barbara Jean is the solid wing version, so there is loads of deck space. You can easily put a 12-foot dinghy on deck on each side, and I'm pretty sure you could put an 8-foot dinghy on each side in front of the 12 footers. I have no idea why anyone would want to do that, but it is really nice to have all that deck space. It feels much safer and is great for sail handling, projects, whatever. Kids LOVE it!"

-----------
I came across the listing today and read the blog today. From what I can tell, the boat is back on the market and still for sale, now on auction ending soon with low reserve.

NOTE: I have no connection to this boat or seller.
------------

Searunner Trimaran 31'

Asking Price = $26,000

Very good blog, lots of photos, 15 minute walk through video shows the features.

From the photos and video, it appears to be in very good to excellent condition.
The blog also contains a long description of minor things to be fixed, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary for any Used boat. See this link for the blog and photos and video:

Fidgityfeet sez...

From the blog:

"Update 4-2-17. The boat was sold, briefly, but the sale fell through and it's available again.

The boat is currently listed on eBay. It has a low reserve and the auction will end Monday 7/17

PLEASE CONTACT ME YOU ARE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED.

svbarbarajean@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3537.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	145382  
Old 17-04-2017, 14:16   #214
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Endeavour 32

SPECIFICATIONS from Sailboatdata (May be different from sale boat.)
LOA 32' 4'
LWL 25' 6'
Beam 10' 0'
Draft 4' 2'
Displacement 11,700 lbs
Ballast 5,000 lbs
Power Plant Yanmar 2QM20 (diesel)
Berths (6) Forward V-birth, aft quarter berth, one slide out and berth in main cabin
Headroom 6' 3"
Fuel Capacity 20 gallons main tank
Fresh water capacity 65 gallons
Mast Height 43' DWL

Steady's Notes:

1. I have sailed 2,500 miles on a 30 day Pacific ocean passage on a Endeavour 37, which is very similar to this Endeavour 32. The interior finish and features and design and cockpit were very similar. My impression is that the Endeavour boats can be comfortable, roomy, and have several nice features for cruising. While designed for coastal cruising, I have sailed from Hawaii to California on one, and that included a true gale and some high seas.

I would feel comfortable with one for a live aboard, or for coastal cruising, or for Bahamas or Caribbean. While one could go across an ocean, it would be wise to carefully prepare and consider the condition of any boat.

IF you are looking for a boat that is priced less than $20K and you want something that could be comfortable for living aboard in Florida or coastal sailing or spending a lot of time in the cockpit, I think this design offers a good value and features.

2. The Endeavour 32 is common and often priced below $20K today, while the Endeavour 37 is usually $25K-$35K. There are usually enough on the market to compare condition. Pick a good one.

3. The Endeavour boats feature a large cockpit with bench seating that allows one to stretch out and sleep in the cockpit.

4. The Endeavour boats were designed for use in the waters of Florida and Caribbean, so they generally have 10 opening portholes and 2 large hatches for good ventilation, better than many other boats this size.

5. There is an excellent owner's group page which has a very good description of this boat. I highly recommend reading it before any purchase.
Endeavour 32 Sailboat Design History and Boat Specifications

Here is an excerpt:
"The Endeavour 32 began life back in 1970 as the Irwin "Classic" 32. Ted Irwin designed her as a dual-purpose cruiser-racer before the development of IOR. By 1975, the IOR was in full swing, and boats such as the Irwin 32 were obsolete as racers, since PHRF had not yet emerged to help handicap non-competitive boats raced at the club level.
Although the Irwin 32 had been out-designed for racing, the hull was still a nice, clean, conservative, and comfortable design for cruising.

The molds for the Irwin 32 formed the basis for Endeavour Yacht Corporation, which built about 600 Endeavour 32s until 1982. Our current membership records show hull 574 being built in January of 1982."

"As for the sail area to displacement ratio we see a low one registering in at 14.59. Basically this tells us that for this given size boat we have a small sail area and therefore small sails. This means it's a bit easier to handle and doesn't require an early reef. The trade off however is less "horsepower" in lighter winds. We can typically sail with a full sails (main+150) to about 20knts apparent. With a stout mast and simple but sturdy rig setup, there's little to pay attention to here once the mast has been properly tuned. Other trade offs can be found in the outboard placement of the shrouds and lack of inboard tracks which prevent the boat from performing as well when close to the wind. "

Photos are for Illustration Purposes

I am including photos from a mix of boats because not all sale listings provide good photos to show boat design or features. Some of the photos below are from the boat linked below.

Example Boat:

Here is a current sale listing that caught my eye. The boat appears to be in good condition (there are more photos via the link).

The listing says this boat was inherited and "Make an offer."

1981 Endeavour 32 Sailboat in Saint Petersburg.
https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bod/6071935088.html

Asking Price = $13,500 "Make an Offer"

Here is the sale ad description:
This boat is in very good shape and well equipped. This is NOT a project boat. The owner inherited the boat and knows nothing about sailing. He wants her sold. The asking price is very reasonable but he is open to offers.
The 32 hp diesel runs great. Includes a VHF, Chart Plotter, Compass, Autopilot (needs to be connected),Swim Ladder, Flat screen TV, stereo, refrigeration, electric bilge pump, AC unit. There is even a dodger and Bimini with very good canvas.

My Disclaimer and a Request:

I have no financial or other connection to this boat or the seller.
I have not seen this boat in person, nor have I sailed on it.
As with any boat, it is a good idea to research the design to learn about how they sail, common problems and owner opinions.
As with any boat, it is smart to have a qualified yacht surveyor perform a survey of the boat to assess its condition.
I am posting this to help others find boats. This one caught my eye, and I hope this thread helps others find a good fit for them.
I hope this thread proves helpful to CF Members. If so, let me know.
IF you purchase this boat, let me know (a PM would be OK).
IF you purchase this boat, I would enjoy seeing it, or going for a sail on it, if I am ever in your area. Or, if you own a similar or sister boat send me a PM. I enjoy sailing on a wide variety of boats and would like to get some time on many designs, including this one.
Good luck on your own boat hunt.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	endeavor_32_drawing.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	145593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Endeavour 32 water.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	145594  

Name:	Endeavour 32 1981 dock.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	145595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Endeavour 32 cockpit.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	145596  

Name:	Endeavour 32 cockpit2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	145597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Endeavour 32 dock.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	145598  

Name:	Endeavour 32 1981 engine.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	145599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Endeavour 32 1981 Saloon.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	145600  

Name:	Endeavour 32 1979 Saloon aft.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	145601  
Old 17-04-2017, 14:24   #215
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

S2 9.2C Center Cockpit

S2 9.2C Center Cockpit 30'

LOA = 30'
Year = 1980
Location = Cortez FL. Near Bradenton Florida
Asking Price = $19,500

Steady's Notes

1. I am including this boat because I often see CF members asking about a boat with an "Aft Cabin." While an aft cabin is common on larger boats, it is hard to find one that has any headroom on some smaller boats that market themselves as having one. Some boats may have an aft "double" cabin, but their headroom is very limited or they look like coffins.

This boat design is a Center Cockpit boat, and the aft cabin appears to have good enough space and headroom and a anthwartship double berth. This is not ideal for passages, but nice for marina or live aboard or occasional short cruises.

Of all the smaller Center Cockpit boats I see, this one appears to have been well designed for fitting in some features demanded by the market.

Notice these key features:
A. Aft Double Cabin
B. Head with Shower and Tub
C. Shallow Draft Draft (max.) 4.92' from Sailboatdata

2. Notice this boat has a low hour (593 hours), newer engine.

While searching the USA, I saw several of these for sale, so you can compare their condition and asking price and locations. I may post another soon with similar basic information on this boat design.

3. The tankage seems small in the stock specs (only about 35 gallons water and fuel). I think one would need to add both for extended cruising.

4. There were many of these boats made. You can find them discussed in sailing forums. Look to them for owner comments, or if you own one of these, feel free to add some comments in this thread.

5. Here is a description from a review in Cruising World magazine. I have bolded some key points:
Powerboat builder Leon R. Slikkers founded S2 Yachts in 1974 and commissioned Arthur Edmonds, designer of the Allied Princess 36 and Mistress 39, to design the S2 9.2A (for its aft cockpit) and the S2 9.2C (for its center cockpit).

Over 700 A and C models were sold. Both versions have the same hull, fin keel, partially balanced skeg-hung rudder, and masthead sloop rig.

The single-spreader aluminum mast, painted black (an S2 trademark) is stepped on deck over a compression post that’s built into the main bulkhead.

The hull is solid, hand-laid fiberglass. It has an inward-turning flange at the sheer to which the balsa-cored deck is bolted through an extruded aluminum toerail.

There’s no molded interior liner. Bulkheads and furniture are tabbed to the hull, which contributes to its structural stiffness.

Two tons of lead ballast is encapsulated in a sealed keel cavity.

LOA: 29.92' / 9.12m
LWL: 25.00' / 7.62m
Beam: 10.25' / 3.12m
Listed SA: 469 ft2 / 43.57 m2
Draft (max.) 4.92' / 1.50m Draft (min.)
Displacement: 9800 lbs./ 4445 kgs.
Ballast: 4000 lbs. / 1814 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 16.44

Description from the Sale Listing

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/6080047740.html

This center cockpit S-2 9.2. is a 30' beauty. The huge center cockpit gives you great visibility plus it allows for a full aft cabin with privacy from the salon and V berth. The 3'11" draft is great for Tampa bay and the boat is comfortable with 6'2" headroom and air conditioning, plus pressurized hot & cold water. The head even has a tub! The galley has a 2 burner propane stove and a grill is mounted on the railing. Everything to cruise is included from safety gear to dishes. Also included are extra parts, from filters to sails. It even has a 6 person Switlik life raft that I took off the aft deck but could be easily reinstalled.

Manufactured by Slicker Yachts in Michigan, a well-known builder of High-Quality yachts, this compact, shoal draft center
cockpit
offers lots of room in a small package and excellent sailing ability. She is possibly the best split-cabin center cockpit layout you will find in this size range. She has unbelievable accommodations in a
boat that's easy to sail and a joy to live on after anchoring down.

This boat has been meticulously maintained and constantly upgraded.
Yanmar engine new in 2005 with 593 hours.
Folding prop.
New batteries in 2016.
new charger this year.

Recent survey available.

My Disclaimer and a Request:

As with any boat, it is smart to have a qualified yacht surveyor perform a survey of the boat to assess its condition.
I am posting this to help others find boats. This one caught my eye, and I hope this thread helps others find a good fit for them.
I hope this thread proves helpful to CF Members. If so, let me know.
IF you purchase this boat, I would enjoy seeing it, or going for a sail on it, if I am ever in your area. Or, if you own a similar or sister boat send me a PM. I enjoy sailing on a wide variety of boats and would like to get some time on many designs, including this one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s2_9-2c_drawing.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	145602   Click image for larger version

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 cockpit fwd.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	145603  

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 cockpit aft.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	145604   Click image for larger version

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 dock.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	145605  

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 aft deck.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	145606   Click image for larger version

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 Galley.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	145607  

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 Engine.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	145608   Click image for larger version

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 Hanging Locker.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	145609  

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 Vberth.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	145610   Click image for larger version

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 Saloon.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	145611  

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 SR aft.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	145612   Click image for larger version

Name:	S2 9.2C 30ft CC 1980 Tub.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	145613  

Old 18-04-2017, 12:26   #216
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hunter 37 Cherubini

Hull Type: Fin w/spade rudder
Rig Type: Cutter
LOA: 37.00' / 11.28m
LWL: 30.00' / 9.14m
Beam: 11.85' / 3.61m
Listed SA: 710 ft2 / 65.96 m2
Draft (max.) 5.08' / 1.55m Draft (min.)
Displacement: 17800 lbs./ 8074 kgs.
Ballast: 6850 lbs. / 3107 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 16.73
Bal./Disp.: 38.48% Disp./Len.: 294.31
Designer: John Cherubini
Builder: Hunter Marine (USA)
Construction: FG Bal. type:
First Built: 1978

Steady's Notes

1. The Hunter 37 Cherubini is regarded differently from the other Hunter boat models, and usually is described as a more appealing boat for its era and price point, with some difference in quality and design from other Hunter boats.

2. I like the layout of the galley.
3. The boat is one of the few this size that has a separate shower in the head.
4. Most of the boats I have seen are listed with Asking Prices of $25K - $35K though some are less. As with any boat, condition is more important than the age or year. It is a common enough boat that you should be able to find several on the market so you can compare them.

Current Example Sale Listing (April 17, 2017)

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/6082103928.html

Location = Maryland
Year = 1982
Asking Price = $22,300

NOTE: All of the photos in this post are from the boat linked above with the exception of the image showing a sistership sailing. The photos in this sale listing are not the best. There are a few more on the ad.

My Disclaimers and Requests:

As with any boat, it is a good idea to research the design to learn about how they sail, common problems and owner opinions.
I hope this thread proves helpful to CF Members. If so, let me know, as it is nice to know the time spent on it has helped others.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hunter Cherubini 37 Drawing  .jpg
Views:	109
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	145743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter Cherubini 37 Plan  .jpg
Views:	99
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	145744  

Name:	Hunter Cherubini 37 Sailing .jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	145745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 hull rudder.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	145746  

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 Saloon fwd.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	145747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 VBerth.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	145748  

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 Galley.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	145749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 Saloon.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	145750  

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 Stern.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	145751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter 37 Cherubini 1982 Head.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	145752  

Old 18-04-2017, 15:10   #217

1987 Lyman Morse Seguin 40

Lifting Keel & Kick-up Rudder

LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 2 in
LWL: 32 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 17200 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in

$129,000

1987 Lyman Morse Seguin Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4536080_20131219103631138_1_XLARGE.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	145763   Click image for larger version

Name:	4536080_20140521134252370_1_XLARGE.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	145764  

Name:	983029_20121108105656_4_XLARGE.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	145765  
RidgeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 15:26   #218
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ridge Runner,
That Lyman Morse is certainly a good fit for this thread.
Lifting Keel and KickUp Rudder!

Thanks for adding it (and photos and specs too) to this thread.
Old 18-04-2017, 15:57   #219
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

C&C Ontario 32

Hull Type: Fin w/spade rudder
Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
LOA: 32.00' / 9.75m
LWL: 26.50' / 8.08m
Beam: 11.00' / 3.35m
Listed SA: 481 ft2 / 44.68 m2
Draft (max.) 4.50' / 1.37m Draft (min.)
Displacement: 9800 lbs./ 4445 kgs.
Ballast: 3977 lbs. / 1804 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 16.86 Bal./Disp.: 40.58% Disp./Len.: 235.09
Designer: C&C
Builder: Ontario Yachts (CAN)
Construction: FG Bal. type: lead
First Built: 1974
Last Built: 1986
# Built: 160

Steady's Notes

1. I like this design. Very nice interior for a 32 foot boat. Nice looking wood and upholstery.
2. I like the pilot berth on starboard, the nav station, and the layout, including the galley design.

3. This particular boat (see link below and photos) has been repowered and has very few hours on the new Yanmar Diesel engine.

Current Sale Listing (April 17, 2017)

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/6063497877.html

Location = Baltimore area
Asking Price = $19,500

Repowered with a new 20 HP Yanmar diesel in 2003. Just 190 hours.
Well suited to cruising the Chesapeake with only 4.5' draft.

Description from the Sale Ad:
Equipment: 2003 Yanmar 20 HP diesel with only190 hours (oil changed twice/year), Seldon Furlex furler, whisker pole, mainsail, 140 genoa, drifter, gelcoat is in good condition on topsides and decks, 3 burner alcohol stove with oven, charcoal grill, 2 anchors, 2 new batteries, holding tank with Y valve, wheel, compass, VHF, Stereo, depth sounder, 2 speed winches, life sling, dodger with awning extension, cockpit cushions, stained glass cabinet doors, 6'4" headroom, Rotelco cabin heater, stainless steel bow anchor roller, folding prop, documented vessel. You must see this boat to appreciate its quality and condition. All photos 2016.

I hope this thread proves helpful to CF Members. If so, let me know, as it is nice to know the time spent on it has helped others.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Plan.gif
Views:	117
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	145780   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Hull2.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	145781  

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 cockpit .jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	145782   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Cockpit close.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	145783  

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 wheel grate.jpg
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	145784   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Galley.jpg
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	145785  

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 head.jpg
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	145786   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 heater.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	145787  

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Nav.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	145788   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Pilot Berth.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	145789  

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 Saloon fwd.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	145790   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C Ontario 32 1976 VBerth.jpg
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	145791  

Old 18-04-2017, 16:28   #220

Boat: 1974 Sears, Jetwind, 14; 2005 Manta MKII 42

Islander 32

ISLANDER 32 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

Hull Type: Fin Keel
Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
LOA: 32.50' / 9.91m
LWL: 24.83' / 7.57m
Beam: 10.00' / 3.05m
Listed 454 ft2 / 42.18 m2
Draft (max.) 4.50' / 1.37m
Displacement: 9700 lbs./ 4400 kgs
Ballast: 4600 lbs. / 2087 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 16.02 Bal./Disp.: 47.43% Disp./Len.: 282.87
Designer: J. H. McGlasson
Builder: Wayfarer Yacht Corp. (USA)
Construction: FG Bal. type: lead
First Built: 1963
Last Built: 1967

https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/boa/6079384303.html

Islander 32 for sale. $5000 OBO.
Boat is usable as is but I would consider it a project.
Good running Yanmar diesel with 1000 hours.
Boat was splashed from a bottom job in early 2015
Batteries, compass, mixing elbow, filters, all new 2016
I have a new unused and uninstalled marine toilet with macerator pump, Y valve and holding tank.

Boat draws 4.5 feet. mast height is 44 feet.
Keel is encapsulated.
mattmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:33   #221

Boat: Scout 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner View Post
1987 Lyman Morse Seguin 40

Lifting Keel & Kick-up Rudder

LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 2 in
LWL: 32 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 17200 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in

$129,000

1987 Lyman Morse Seguin Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Finally, an actual shoal draft cruiser. Excellent!
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 18:35   #222

Boat: Seaward 22

The Lyman Morse had me until I saw the price. Ontario 32 is interesting.

Thanks for this thread. It fits exactly what I want in retirement.
ohdrinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:04   #223
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Pearson 323

Hull Type: Fin with rudder on skeg Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
LOA: 32.25' / 9.83m
LWL: 27.50' / 8.38m
Beam: 10.00' / 3.05m
Listed SA: 477 ft2 / 44.31 m2
Displacement: 12800 lbs./ 5806 kgs. Ballast: 4500 lbs. / 2041 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 14.00
Bal./Disp.: 35.15%
Disp./Len.: 274.77
Designer: William Shaw
Builder: Pearson Yachts (USA)
Construction: FG Bal. type: Lead
First Built: 1976 Last Built: 1983

Current Sale Listing for Example (April 20, 2017
https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/6059535246.html

Location = Annapolis area
Year = 1981
Asking Price = $19,900

Photos Used for Illustrative Purposes

The photos I used in this profile are for ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES and come from a mix of boats (not necessarily the boat in the example sale listed or linked above). I use these photos to show exemplary condition of the boat design, so one can compare to what is on the market.

Designer's Description

The following is from Bill Shaw, the boat's designer.
"You may be interested in what was going through my head when I was designing the new 323. In a nutshell... the young adults of America, to my way of thinking, are bringing an exiting new dimension to sailing. A dimension that reflects their attitudes - lifestyle, values and approach to their leisure time activities. Be it skiing, surfing, camping, canoeing, or sailing, the younger generation is doing things with a flair that cannot be denied. They're seeking quality, style, performance, informality, resale value, and no hassles.

Then too, after a couple of my recent trips to the continent, I came away impressed with some of the international styling and innovation. Functional, pleasing touches that, in my opinion, deserved consideration. So I set about to design an honest cruising boat with youthful ideas and an international flavor. The 323's underbody configuration is as modern as her profile is traditional. To look fast is one thing. To go fast in comfort is quite another.

After all, the water is only concerned with what it touches. The combination gave me a big, roomy 32-footer that really gets up and goes. But to look classic doesn't mean you have to leave out fresh ideas, so the 323 has a lot of refinements like a recessed anchor well forward, compartments aft for propane gas cylinders and 6-man life raft, a molded-in chart table, smoked windows, an accent stripe around the coachroof, and a number of other refinements both above and below decks that I consider real progress in both design and construction.

Oh, one more thing. With the price of things today climbing the rigging, I had to develop some procedures that would maintain or improve our quality while holding or reducing costs. We did that too. So take a real close look at our new 323. She features the best of international design for today's young at heart."

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pearson_323_drawing.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	145897   Click image for larger version

Name:	PEARSON 323-1981 Plan.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	145898  

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 water.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	145899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 cockpit fwd.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	145900  

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 Saloon fwd.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	145901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 Saloon aft.jpg
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	145902  

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 Galley ladder.jpg
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	145903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 hanging locker.png
Views:	126
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	145904  

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 Head passthru.png
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	145905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 passthru to Vberth.png
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	145906  

Name:	Pearson 323 1981 nav.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	145907  
Old 20-04-2017, 21:30   #224
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Gulf 29 PH (Pilot House)

Hull Type: Fin w/spade rudder Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
LOA: 28.67' / 8.74m LWL: 23.50' / 7.16m
Beam: 9.33' / 2.84m Listed SA: 372 ft2 / 34.56 m2
Displacement: 7500 lbs./ 3402 kgs. Ballast: 3200 lbs. / 1452 kgs.
Sail Area/Disp.1: 15.58 Bal./Disp.: 42.68% Disp./Len.: 257.99
Designer: Capital Yachts
Builder: Capital Yachts Inc. (USA)
Construction: FG Bal. type:
First Built: 1982
AUXILIARY POWER (orig. equip.)
Make: Universal Model: M-18
Type: Diesel HP: 15

Steady's Notes

1. This is a small Pilothouse boat. Gulf makes also makes a similar looking 27 foot boat and a somewhat similar looking 32 foot boat. The 32 footer is a different design, with a very different hull (full keel), and while it has more room below, it will likely be slower.

2. The Gulf 29PH was offered in three different layouts.

3. Some sailors say the Gulf 29 inside steering position has limited visibility, and that one must stand to steer in the inside helm position.

4. This boat looks like an ideal smaller Pilot House boat for use in the Pacific Northwest, or where there is cooler or colder or wetter weather much of the year.

Current Sale Listing Example (April 20, 2017)
https://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/6047837795.html

Year = 1980
Location = Oriental NC
Asking Price = $11,000

Description from this ad:
"Gulf 29 by Capitol Yachts, Beam 9'4" Draft 4'11" Yanmar Diesel 15 hsp as upgrade. Dual steering stations, radar, stainless steel propane stove, new heat exchanger hot water heater, anchor and rode. 2 year old mainsail w/dutchman, 2 headsails, roller furling, spinnaker with sock, nearly new bimini on frame matching mainsail cover and cushions."
NOTE: This ad says you may purchase a double axle trailer for this boat for an additional $2,000.

Photos Used for Illustrative Purposes

The photos I used in this profile are for ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES and come from a mix of boats (not necessarily the boat in the example sale listed or linked above). I use these photos to show exemplary condition of the boat design, so one can compare to what is on the market.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gulf 29 Plan Layouts.jpg
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	145971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf 29PH 1986 Water.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	145972  

Name:	Gulf 29PH 1986 Hull.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	145973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf 29PH 1986 Galley.jpg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	145974  

Name:	Gulf 29PH 1986 Saloon fwd.jpg
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	145975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf 29PH 1986 Settee Starb half.jpg
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	145976  

Old 28-04-2017, 08:24   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdrinkboy View Post
The Lyman Morse had me until I saw the price.
Fair enough. How about this Block Island 40 currently offered at the BoatAngel ebay auction? Bidding was only $5600 as of this morning.

1959 Block Island 40'6" Yawl Sailboat - Florida | eBay

FYI, sailboatdata.com lists the draft for this centerboarder at 3.9', not 4.5' as stated in the listing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	146406  
Attached Images

RidgeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, Blue Water boats, centerboard, Chesapeake, draft, florida, florida keys, shallow draft, swing keel