Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2019, 06:12   #1

Brewer Goderich 41

Hi folks. Interested in one of these for sale locally (Cape Breton NS) production steel boat. Online info is limited as it was a short production run from what I can tell. I emailed Ted Brewer directly for info but haven’t had a response yet. Opinions on this boat? Use would be myself my wife and young daughter, coastal cruising NS and hopefully a trip down south in the not distant future. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks
rodtremblay85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 15:10   #2

Boat: 1980 CheoyLee35
Re: Brewer Goderich 41

I noticed that boat this summer sitting in the yard but never looked closely at it. I would offer that Ted Brewer was a good designer so it’s probably a decent performer for its type. No raceboat though.
As far as the Builder is concerned, it probably doesn’t really matter as its prior care and current condition are going to be much much bigger factors now.
The engine is pretty high hours so I would want to look closely at that. The condition of the sails, rig and any equipment would be another factor as the price for those bits add up really fast. However, my primary concern would be the condition of the hull. Getting inside and looking carefully for corrosion would be high on my list. Professional evaluation may pay back handsomely if you can avoid future surprises. Good pros know where to look!
I’m sure in its day, it was a fine cruiser. Only close and careful inspection will say if those days are done or not.
Good luck!
Shoalcove is offline   Reply With Quote