Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2021, 11:26   #16

Re: Cardinal 46 built by Tania Yachts

what's the average air draft (mast height) for these yachts? Are they ICW friendly.. I know that they have about a 7', 5" draft so a lot of the spots in the Bahamas is out of the question, but was curious about their air draft.. cheers!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2021, 13:21   #17

I see that a few Cardinal 46 were built before the 1985 (Tania) time.. Does this mean that they were built in NZ? or? I've read articles that they started at 1985 but would love to hear more about the builders before them, if anyone knows..

Cheers!!!
Old 28-10-2021, 18:39   #18

The earlier Cardinal 46s were built in another Taiwan shipyard (Sen Koh, unless that's just another name for Tania)). I don't know if Warwick switched due to quality issues but the Tania shipyard has a very good reputation and I believe that Warwick stuck with them. With the various issues that Taiwan-built boats can have, I think I would be a lot more comfortable with a boat built by the yard that Warwick (now a designer of high-end luxury yachts), decided to move to.
By the way, anybody know if the keels on the cardinal were cast-iron, or lead?
sardinebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 05:50   #19

That makes sense!! thank you for the insight.

cheers!
Old 11-09-2023, 18:43   #20

Hello fellow Cardinal owners. I am so please v stumbled upon you. I hope to hear back from some of you in answer to my question below, but also in terms of knowing there is a body of knowledge and experience out there. We just purchase d Callisto 1990 CC Cardinal 46. We are in Fiji and trying to get deck fittings off be ause we have removed the teak side decking. Getting to the fittings from inside seems impossible without dismantling a lot of joinery. Are there any secrets here? Has anyone rebedded deck fittings? We can be contacted through this forum or on fijicalling28@gmail.com or bluewatercraft@gmail.com
We would be very happy to be in touch with any other owners.
fijicalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 11:15   #21

Boat: Warwick Cardinal 46

I purchased a cardinal 46 aft cockpit this year. One of the previous owners had contacted Alan Warwick to obtain drawings, so i have offsets, rudder, keel, deck drawings and sail plans. I also have a "Warwick Yacht Design" book that has drawings and media articles about sailboats from 7.48M to 52M designed by Alan Warwick.
My Cardinal 46 is a 1980 built in the Sen Koh yard it has 11 characters in the HIN instead of the usual 12. The boat is still mostly stock; original 4-154 engine, original tanks, teak decks, minimal alterations to lay out or wood work. What I don't have is any information on the mast & boom, plumbing, or electrical. If someone does have information on the Mast that would be helpful.
My wife and I moved her from Port Townsend to a private dock in Everette for our first solo sail and enjoyed it tremendously. But that was the only sailing this year. Insurance required immediate repair of action items from the survey and I found some other items that the PO's had deferred maintenance on to keep me busy.

I was thinking of having the drawings digitized if anybody would be interested.

We named her Rose Tree and think she is a gracefully beauty.

Regards, Del.
Blewbird is offline   Reply With Quote