Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2008, 08:13   #16

Boat: '70 Challenger 32'
Send a message via MSN to cjjcmg Send a message via Yahoo to cjjcmg
On your boat since it is close to complete! It'll be a while I get her out.
Old 22-07-2008, 16:26   #17

Boat: CHALLENGER 32
any thoughts on replacing water lines? I gotta get my resolve up and do it.
Gammonaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 16:51   #18
Kai Nui

I have not forgotten. I will get off my but and start scanning pages tonight. Not sure what I will end up with as far as file size, but give me some more time, and I will post back here, and let you know the progress.
I like the first name choice The Secret Society for the Preservation of Challenger Yachts. Being as how these boats are so under appreciated, a secret society seems appropriate
Old 24-07-2008, 16:00   #19

How about a meeting at the CRAB Pot off of Marina drive or the first basin ? outdoor bar and all, guest slips, crawling distance or dinghy ride for some. Me for one. august is a time to set up.
Old 24-07-2008, 16:24   #20
Kai Nui

I will be travelling most of next month, but if it works out that I am in that part of So Cal, would be happy to stop by for a drink. My Challenger will not make it south under me. As soon as the new boat is completed, Sundari goes up for sale. Might have to convince the new owner to move south.
Old 24-07-2008, 17:16   #21

Kai Nui -- Selling the boat? Have any pics/specs/info you'd like to share? When do you expect the new boat to be ready?
jpcraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 17:43   #22
Kai Nui

The new boat will launch just as soon as I find someone reliable with a truck they are willing to volunteer. Actually, I can not blame my previous volunteer. Fishing vs work. Fishing wins every time.
We will be about 2 or 3 weeks in the water before we take her to Ventura.
As for specs on Sundari, I still have some work to complete. We repainted and rebedded the deck and fitting, and still need to finish the assembly, as well as some interior work. It will be at least a couple of months. Not that I am going to ask much for her, but I want her to sell fast, so the basics need to be done.
Old 25-07-2008, 09:33   #23

uploaded image of shroud outboard.

click on my gallery images (gammonaire1)and you will see an image with the shrouds moved on my boat, with a faint image magnified of where it was. the other vessel is supposed to be hull 1 of the challenger 32, and has the outboard shrouds but no boltheads going down hull.
Old 25-07-2008, 10:31   #24
Kai Nui

Nice looking boat. So, it looks like you removed the glassed in bolts, and thru bolted the chain plates, but the chain plates are still inboard? My thoughts were to move the chain plates outboard. Not sure how this would work out. Has anyone seen this done? Any disadvantages?
Old 25-07-2008, 10:36   #25

Time will eventually give you some rust stains. Nothing bad. I would lie to do this myself. The lower shourds on my boat are just through bolted to the deck from below. I wouold like to find a stronger solution.
Old 25-07-2008, 16:50   #26

shrouded in mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Nui View Post
Nice looking boat. So, it looks like you removed the glassed in bolts, and thru bolted the chain plates, but the chain plates are still inboard? My thoughts were to move the chain plates outboard. Not sure how this would work out. Has anyone seen this done? Any disadvantages?
nice looking boat... grin its a challenger !!

the stainless tongue was cut off below deck level and then glassed over. I believe new straps were inserted down the hull, bolted through with monel bolts and then sealed and painted. the new connections (appear to be ) are the same as old, as I viewed an old pic with mag glass and they look the same. (looked at pictures of catching a string of sand dabs from the deep off of isthmus, and saw turnbuckle in the corner of close up of the cutting board with catch arrayed. cute rat shark, too.
Old 25-07-2008, 16:51   #27

where is the Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
Time will eventually give you some rust stains. Nothing bad. I would lie to do this myself. The lower shourds on my boat are just through bolted to the deck from below. I wouold like to find a stronger solution.
are you local to me in Alamitos Bay?
Old 25-07-2008, 16:59   #28
Kai Nui

Actually, nice looking is rarely a term I have heard about our boats. Cavernous is usually the first word that comes out, solid is second, Wow on occasion. I think we need to start a trend
Old 31-10-2008, 16:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammonaire1 View Post
are you local to me in Alamitos Bay?
Sorry its taken so long to respond. I lost track of the thread. I am in San Pedro. Not too far away.
Old 31-10-2008, 17:02   #30

Boat: Challenger Anacapa 42
Hi Guys! I have a rough draft of the history of Challenger yachts as I know it. I would love to hear all your feedback...should I post it?
Christian Van H is offline   Reply With Quote