Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 19:01   #31

Boat: Imexus 28
Re: Comfortable Trailer Sailer

Hi I feel yachts like your lovely Catalina 27 and even the compac 23 pilothouse are transportable on trailer rather than genuinely trailable. Trailable yachts are often kept at home or on hard standing in the yacht club grounds with the mast up and launched each race or use. My own goal is a truly trailable cruising package which will do multi day/week cruises in one destination then load onto the trailer, restock on route at the local supermarket and gas station and launch again at a new cruising destination with maybe having spent several nights onboard on dry land in between. The occasional drop into a holiday caravan/mobile home park ( not permanent stay one ) can also get access to a washing machine and a long hot shower for a refresh on the journey if required.
These trailable yachts also generally have much shallower drafts again allowing access to places that even your relatively modest draft is still too much. I regularly drive mine right up onto the beach and step off on dry land for the beach bbq or to go and get the car and trailer prior to retrieving it. It is the rare combination of all these advantages that has been the challenge I think I now have a solution for.

Regards Graeme
Grith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail