Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 17:53   #1

coronado 41

Hello all
As some of you might remember I am in a catalina 30, As I am watching the days slip away and trying to meet my self given deadline when I am supposed to head out the bay and turn left and never come back, I realize I need more boat. I have stuck a fancy to the coronado 41's. Prices are quite reasonable and the space the offer is perfect. These are the center cockpit sloops. I am not a huge fan of center cockpits, but the room offerd inside is wonderful. Also they are quite heavy. I am just looking for you alls enlightend opinions of these boats.
Thanks
D.
Old 03-03-2005, 20:35   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
From what I understand, they are really not for offshore. They are known to be slow and roll a lot. Good liveaboard though.

Here's some articals that might interest you.

http://www.sailnet.com/messageboards...m=3&Topic=1011

http://www.sailnet.com/messageboards...m=3&Topic=9610

..................................._/)
delmarrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:45   #3

Boat: Cape Dory 28, "Night Wind"
D,
We too have been looking at larger boats (signed on the dotted line for a 36'er yesterday) and saw a 41' Coronado, online. First things first, the Coronado 35 was a center cockpit, but was my understanding that the 41 was an aft cockpit, and the better sailing of the 2 models. Anyhow ... the ad for the 41 that I looked at was quite interesting. There must have been 30 photos of a truly great looking interior ... wow! All that space and nicely decorated too! Then buried in the text was "30 to 40% delamination below the waterline" not even sure why I continued to read about it after that, but in the last few lines they mention (as though it was an afterthought) "the owner reports some soft spots in deck" .... YIKES! This is gonna be the epitome of what is known as "a hole in the water" for someone ..

Bob & Lynn

L S/V Eva Luna
Wahoo Sails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:57   #4

Thanks all for the info, did allot of my own research and came to the same conclusion, Well I guess the search continues.
Cheers
Dustin