Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2020, 18:12   #1

Boat: Island Packet 380
Creating a Worksheet

I'm starting to look for my first boat. My intent is to buy a live-aboard for cruising and traveling into retirement. I'm looking at boats between 36' and 42'. Possibly a ketch, lines to aft cockpit.

My thought was that I would make a spreadsheet of what was necessary (ex. solar panels), what I would like to have (ex. bow thrusters), and what would be nice one day (ex. hard top dodger). It would include prices for all. When I go look at a potential boat, I could check what that particular boat has against my list and see how much I would have to throw in aside from any necessary repairs.

Any suggestions on what should be on the list as necessary? I'm thinking of things like a good oversized anchoring system, water maker, etc.

Anyone have a similar list that they could share?

Thanks in advance.
pushstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 20:25   #2

Boat: Catalina 320
Re: Creating a Worksheet

My personal list ?
Lead keel, full batten conventional main, Perkins or Yanmar diesel with direct drive, minimal wood exposed to weather, walk thru transom with swim platform, wheel steering, stern perch seats, etc. etc.
Most of the what you mentioned are stuff added or not at the dock and not really specific to any particular boat.
I wouldn't place much importance on the boat coming equipped with MY preferred anchor.
Calif.Ted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work