Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 17:19   #1

CS 34

Hello out there to everyone. Looking for some input on the CS34. It fits most of my criteria, I like the look of it, and there's one for sale nearby in my price range. I've been on the market for a while and some other boats that suit me are the Tartan 34, Sabre 34 and on the upper end the Niagara35. My dream boat (in my reality) is the Bristol 35.5C, but they've proved harder to come by. I like the CS36T, but that's starting to get a little big for us, and, of course, more dear. I guess you could say (based on the first three) that I have a thing for centreboards.

Back to the CS34 - anyone out there put one of these out in a heavy weather? any known major passages? The CS36T is a great, strongly-built boat and I'm just wondering if the 34 really lives up to that pedigree. I guess the main reason I'm asking is because I know these have cored hulls whereas the 36 were solid.

I haven't actually been on of these yet, so any feedback before I make the drive would be very welcome.

Next year I will begin a long-planned longer-term cruising life. Ideally I will depart from the Great Lakes up the St Laurent, Maritimes, down the East Coast, Bahamas, Cuba, Mexico, Panama, Hawaii, and beyond. Obviously there's a lot more detail and planning but that's a snapshot of a longer-term ambition that I'd like to complete with one boat - maybe the CS34???

Any thoughts welcome.
Been reading the forum for a while, so thanks to all.
Cheers!
MIchael
migrosmousse is offline   Reply With Quote