Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2016, 20:02   #61

Re: CT 34

marlers
thanks , i was wondering are there any other bolts holding the bow sprit down besides the one that goes through the sampson posts ?
two of the boards i have will give me the same thickness as what is on
board now ,you think i can glue two togther or would it be better to plane them down and glue three togther
Southron Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2016, 20:13   #62

must have been a fuel can , we replaced the deck fill hose and cleaned out the fuel tank has been fine. he had so much spare parts and new parts on that boat ,plus there was a lot of stuff that was in plastic containers that got water in them and ruin them
i installed a new bilge pump and float switch and new batteries and check them every time i go to the boat ,
Old 21-03-2016, 07:23   #63
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southron Spirit View Post
must have been a fuel can , we replaced the deck fill hose and cleaned out the fuel tank has been fine. he had so much spare parts and new parts on that boat ,plus there was a lot of stuff that was in plastic containers that got water in them and ruin them
i installed a new bilge pump and float switch and new batteries and check them every time i go to the boat ,
Did you buy her from Truman or Jim(manager of marina)? I could not make contact with Truman about 2 years back and was wondering how he was getting along,hes a real nice guy..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 15:20   #64

we really bought it from both of them , my brother said truman lives about a hour from the boat , his health is not getting better from what i understand .. my brother really liked him.
Old 21-03-2016, 16:04   #65
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southron Spirit View Post
we really bought it from both of them , my brother said truman lives about a hour from the boat , his health is not getting better from what i understand .. my brother really liked him.
Trumans good people..He really loved Molly C and I dont think he ever had a chance to sail her..He would come down on the weekends every now again and sort of camp out at the dock.. I think he bought her from Mr.Hill would he happen to be your brother?
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 21:03   #66

Regarding the bowsprit on Morning Star the anchor point for the staysail is connected thru the bowsprit as well as the staysail stay both have large backing plates that we have added I am also going too add an anchor chain chock in front of the staysail stay and as this needs to be very strong it will need to thru bolted with backing under deck. I do not see an issue with 2 or 3 laminated planks to build up the bowsprit ours has a heel portion about 3/4 inch thick and I rabbited the edge to create a caulk joint to the team deck this allows repainting without removal
marlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 20:23   #67

marlers
thanks for the info , if you get a chance could you post a picture of your bowsprit where the stay sail connects .
i have the stay sail , the roller furler and a boom i think is for the stay sail .
but i have not been able to find anything like a goose neck to attach the boom to.
Old 23-05-2016, 00:52   #68

Not sold on balsa core on boats from 1980,S. , Doing research, David.klineco@gmail.com
David kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 04:40   #69

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by David kline View Post
Not sold on balsa core on boats from 1980,S. , Doing research, David.klineco@gmail.com
Oh, I am, I love my 1988 balsa cored boat
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 01:22   #70

What or which balsa core boat do you have, I have just read about soft decks on older boats and problems with repair. Tks, Klineco
David kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 07:21   #71

Southtown Spirit
I will take a picture of our bowsprit as well as of the gooseneck that I removed if I can find it I may have given it away I will look for an older picture of the staysail boom when it was still mounted as well
marlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 20:05   #72

has anyone replaced the throttle cable on the pedestal , how do you get at it ?
where would be a good place to order one from ?
Old 23-09-2017, 16:20   #73

CT 34 standing rigging

I'm looking for the standing rigging specifications on the CT34. Also does anyone have experience/and or advice on converting from wood to aluminum (or alternative ?) spars?
gdecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 06:48   #74

Hello All,

I am getting ready to sell our '77 CT-34 hull #12 formerly "Taysa" of Kemah, TX now "Sea Fairer" of Carolina Beach, NC. I bought her 4 years ago to sail around the world and now due to a disability I will be coastal cruising at best. She is a heavy boat, sea kindly and a true joy to sail and live on. This particular boat is in good shape with a nearly new 25 hp Beta (250 hours). I had the spruce mast and spreaders recondioned and epoxy painted in 2017 the mast also has a crows nest. I thought Id offer her here fist as I begin to update and the price goes up. Currently bottom job, then new cusions...sailcovers...bimini...composting toilet...etc Asking price at this point is $27,000 please let me know if interested...I will post pics soon.

-Mike
hammerhuman is offline   Reply With Quote