Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2021, 15:31   #1

Boat: Najad 380
Deck saloon sailboats

Looking for opinions on deck saloon sailboats for coastal cruising and higher latitudes. Particularly those manufactured in Scandinavia. Regina, CR, Nordship.... Why are they so expensive and how to establish a fair offer price on a pre owned model.
leveramikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 18:24   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 41 DS
Re: Deck saloon sailboats

Hi..

Regina...been following them for 30 years. Not many people know about them in the States. Loved them...almost bought a Regina 43. The beauty, the lay out, the CRAFTMANSHIP...just beautiful. Unfortunately, between importing a used Regina 43, cost of transportation, import taxes not to mentioned dealing with an older teak deck, I will have to wait till my next life time. My wife wanted a more trouble free boat and contemporary look so we bought a Jenneau 41DS.
If you can afford it ....Regina or equivalent. They are not your mass produced boats and
are well crafted boats. That is what you pay for. Look at lots and lots of interior pictures and videos and you can see...almost feel the quality come through the screen. The pride of owning one of these beauties....WOW.
If you like a more contemporary looks Sirius are beautiful. All of these are costly boats.

Good Luck

IMHO

Abe
sailingabe41ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 20:41   #3

Have looked at all mentioned and would add Moody. IMO perfect for higher latitudes like PNW. Of the options available today I pick Sirius. But as mentioned above all are limited in the NA.
SV-Viento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:45   #4

Boat: Najad 380

Agreed Sirus a very modern boat is great. Regina also great, but more traditional. I'm patiently waiting for a Regina 38/40 to come up on the used market. It has been a year now! No newer pre owned Sirus boats on the market. I have found a 2006 Nordship 40DS. Good shape, moderately equipped. Thanks
leveramikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 07:03   #5

Boat: Moody Eclipse 43
Send a message via Skype™ to Jens Jakobsen

Look at this one with loads of equipment and lots of heating capacity. Moreover in excellent condition:

https://yachtbasen.com/product/sejlb...u-205-1200621/
Jens Jakobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 08:04   #6

Boat: Regina 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingabe41ds View Post
Hi..

Regina...been following them for 30 years. Not many people know about them in the States. Loved them...almost bought a Regina 43. The beauty, the lay out, the CRAFTMANSHIP...just beautiful. Unfortunately, between importing a used Regina 43, cost of transportation, import taxes not to mentioned dealing with an older teak deck, I will have to wait till my next life time. My wife wanted a more trouble free boat and contemporary look so we bought a Jenneau 41DS.
If you can afford it ....Regina or equivalent. They are not your mass produced boats and
are well crafted boats. That is what you pay for. Look at lots and lots of interior pictures and videos and you can see...almost feel the quality come through the screen. The pride of owning one of these beauties....WOW.
If you like a more contemporary looks Sirius are beautiful. All of these are costly boats.

Good Luck

IMHO

Abe
Speaking as the gloriously happy owner of a Regina 43: what Abe said!

They are even better in the flesh!!
Na Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 08:23   #7

Boat: Sceptre 41

How about a Sceptre 41/43?

Pelagia:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0806.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	247287Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-10-24_08-22-49.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	247288
Attachment 247289
sv_pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 08:44   #8

Good luck in your search, I love Deck Saloons. You're no longer living in a cave!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, deck, sail, sailboat, saloon