Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 20:31   #1

Boat: 1999 Celestial 50
Do YOU own a Cal 2-29?(Headroom question)

I have been looking all over the place (including lurking on this site for quite awhile) to try and figure out the headroom on the Cal 2-29. There is one approx. 12hr drive away from me that I am very interested in.

So far, I have only found descriptions like "there's enough headroom", and "it's a little cramped"

If there is anyone out there reading this that owns a Cal 29, I would REALLY appreciate an actual reading from a measuring tape! The one spot I am most interested in the clearance measurement is the galley. I am perfectly happy to sit/ stoop through out the boat, but if the galley is significantly shorter than 6'3" (ie, not 5'8") I'd love to know BEFORE I get all excited about travelling all day to see this boat.

BTW, I have asked the seller for this information already, but (a) they haven't sent it yet and (b)I wouldn't mind hearing from a disinterested third party anyhow.

Thanks!

BTW, as this is my first ever post on this site, I do apologize in advance if I somehow made any Noobie etiquette mistakes...
saltfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 00:07   #2

Re: Do YOU own a Cal 2-29?(Headroom question)

OK, I own a Cal 2-29. I have it on the hard right now but getting close to launch. I can measure the head height in the cabin dead center. You must remember one thing, the cabin floor pan is slightly curved so next to the galley it is not the same as dead center of the salon. The beam is only 9 feet and that is taken up on port and starboard but the galley and the settee by about 2 feet each. then the cabin table is dead center. While this sailboat can go anywhere in the world it is not the roomiest sailboat. I am 5'9" and have plenty of head room in the main salon.
rgmori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12   #3

Boat: 1999 Celestial 50
Re: Do YOU own a Cal 2-29?(Headroom question)

Yes, I do know about the curved sole-- maybe if I do find the headroom a little tight, I'll just have to make sure to keep my feet on the centreline of the boat! Or, when it's my turn at the galley I'll just have to make sure we're under sail and well heeled over so I'm actually standing on a diagonal... ;-) Thanks again for your input. (If you are just about to launch, you must be a little further south than me-- around here everyone's bringing their boats out right now!)
saltfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal