Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2022, 07:17   #1

Boat: Dufour Gibsea 51
Experience with Boatshed Grenada?

All,
Thanks for the input and education over the last few months.
We finally put an offer on a boat offered by Boatshed Grenada.

We did a bit of research on Boatshed and it seems like a legitimate, well liked company - at least the Grenada branch.

Well - we negotiated a price through the broker, everything has been moving smoothly, signed a purchase agreement with the owners (all through the broker)
set up a survey and sea trial with an independent surveyor and then once we got everything set wired a 10% deposit.
As with most larger companies the broker isn't necessarily the one looking at the accounts, for that we were now in communication with another individual. I'm keeping names quiet until I know one way or another how this ends up.

Anyway, we wired the deposit on Friday July 1, and as of today July 6 I still have not gotten confirmation of receipt.
I have asked both the broker and the other business manager individual for updates daily- skipping Sunday and Monday (holiday) And they have assured me they will let me know as soon as they confirm having received the deposit. Apparently the individual in charge of the account is on a vacation sailing...

Granted it was a holiday weekend in the states, so that could be a delay, the sailing vacation could be in fact what the hold up is all about, but this is making me a bit uneasy. I double checked all the account and routing numbers with my sending bank and everything is correct.

Is this type of delay in reporting normal "island time" and I'm simply being impatient or is this a concern?

Boatshed reviews online are fairly strong, so what gives?
PhillipPalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2023, 20:18   #2

Re: Experience with Boatshed Grenada?

this turned out ok Phillip?
Diogo Cyrineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2023, 04:02   #3

Boat: Dufour Gibsea 51
Re: Experience with Boatshed Grenada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Cyrineu View Post
this turned out ok Phillip?
It did in the end. The original broker was silent from then on, but the main broker for that office took over the sale. I will say though that their business manager for the region seemed to be lacking in their details management. We’re we’re sent the wrong documents, the wrong hull id and more smaller details along the way. We ended up completing the sale after double checking the details along the way. And have been island hopping around the Caribbean since November.
PhillipPalacios is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, enc, Grenada