Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2012, 17:34   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 42
Fabola Diva 451

My wife and I are interested in a Fabola Diva 451. 1997 model. Made in a small yard in Sweden. Went out of business in the 2000s. Anyone have any knowledge about them?

Here is the yachtworld link

My link

More photos

I never heard of them till this listing. Not that that really means anything. I haven't heard of a lot of things. Anyway the usual Google search can only turn up so much. Any help would be appreciate!

I see that someone has also asked this question before but it never hurts to try. Maybe on sailinganarchy but not here.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 17:44   #2

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Fabola Diva 451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
My wife and I are interested in a Fabola Diva 451. 1997 model. Made in a small yard in Sweden. Went out of business in the 2000s. Anyone have any knowledge about them?

Hum! The Fabola Diva were still made very recentely. Maybe they are still made, at least the 35:

Beautiful boat and I have only heard nice things about the Fabola Diva.

I guess this is the guy you should talk to to know more about the boats:

The Fabola Diva Collection - A Sailing Project for fun & amusement

Regards

Manuel
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 19:15   #3

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40 "Voyageur"

Thanks, Hooked, for all of the pix posted on Sailing Anarchy. I had considered driving up to Bayfield to inspect this boat, but I now know better. From my p/o/v, she's at the least a major restoration project requiring time, $$$, or both. Not practical to undertake unless retired, unemployed, or able to hire all the work out. In the former case, I'd guess that it would take nearly a year of work to get her seaworthy again. In the latter case, one can afford to buy a boat in better shape. She's not that old and should be in much better condition, but the years on the hard and apparently without much maintenance have taken their toll. A shame, really, she must have been something when delivered!
so34chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10   #4

Boat: Comet 41s

It makes sense. when I saw the boat price I thought it was a bargain and it would be if the boat was in good conditions. As it is probably it is yet probably a fair deal, depending on the cost of the needed work.

Regards

Paulo
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 18:17   #5

Boat: Shearwater 45 Staysail Schooner
I checked out this very boat and found out the owner never paid the import tax when he sailed it into the USA.
capemiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:46   #6

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 42

Thanks for the replies. Just got the notification that people responded to my post. Shame about this boat. I tried to email the broker after my buddy inspected the boat and never heard back.
Oh well. We are about to test sail a Wauquiez Centurion 42. Better fit for us I believe.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote