Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 15:44   #1

First Post - modern yacht but classic styling?

Howdy folks!

So I'm just dreaming here but... solo sailing, blue water, across oceans, maybe around a 40-footer.

These modern boats, Jeneau or Oyster... they appear exceedingly flashy and bright inside, designed for show, and fine dining in port!

But they seem to me they wouldn't offer much comfort/coziness in the middle of a cold ocean somewhere...

I love how much space they offer, and how smartly they are designed, both for ease of sailing, handling and also inside with lots of room, storage, access to the motor etc.

But I really prefer the older styled interiors, the sort that Spirit Yachts currently does. Like I see in pictures of boats from the 80s, like Hunter boats. Dark wood, navy blue upholstery, brass everywhere!

So my question is:

Is there a modern builder, of blue water worthy boats, that can be solo sailed with all the modern eqiupment, safety systems, ease of maintenance, with the storage and space of modern designs but with that old world charm? That would give a more traditional feel?

Thanks.
Bligh-Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:18   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: First Post - modern yacht but classic styling?

someone has been reading old books

I say there is no modern school old designs and there is a reason.

Tags
classic, yacht