Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2020, 20:43   #16

Boat: Pearson 367
Re: Formosa 36'

Did you notice that the ad you posted was for a 34' Formosa sea tiger, not a 36'? Also, there are so many problems with that boat it should be free. It looks like water has saturated every piece of wood on the boat. The masts look newer and may have some salvage value. You made the right decision to walk away.
LLCoolDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 23:09   #17

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Quote:
You made the right decision to walk away.
Couldn't agree more! Way too much damage evident, gawd knows what is there that you can't see.

Jim
Old 29-04-2020, 02:33   #18

Angelman ketch..I have a friend that has one. Rotton to the core. Nothing redeeming about these boats
lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 21:38   #19

Sorry for the thread necro but hey look that's my boat

Was up late watching vendee coverage and stumbled across this thread, given that my only other postings on this forum were to help identify what clearly isn't a sea tiger 34 (despite what title and registration says) I figured I'd chime in.

Water ingress was fairly negligible - forward cabin top had to be rebuilt and lots of paint and varnish. Old md2b has stuck exhaust valve (repowering over winter). Cockpit lazerette covers need rebuilding. Tanks are shiney new (2013) stainless. Long list on minor repairs of course, it's been neglected for 7 years now.

Fair boat for the price. Appears to be a Sea witch built in formosa yard in solid glass. Explains why it's the only formosa I've heard of with original glass backed teak decks. I paid $5k purchase, and will be around $15k after new engine, cabin top, etc etc. Call it 20k pretty and cruising, but time will tell.

If I'm wrong about the Sea witch part by God point me in any vaguely right direction - I bought it in May shocked that the admiral gave the go ahead and have yet to actually ID the damm thing. Thanks
Indefatiguable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 02:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonVonOrient View Post
By the way this was the boat in question.

https://m.sailboatlistings.com/photo...1914.48.36.jpg
Good decision. At least he is a (relatively) honest seller... that boat needs a MAJOR refit! Glad you decided to walk away.

I mean, you do want to sail, right? You're not looking for a long-term project boat...?

Fair winds,
LittleWing77
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 03:19   #21
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cape George 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indefatiguable View Post

Was up late watching vendee coverage and stumbled across this thread, given that my only other postings on this forum were to help identify what clearly isn't a sea tiger 34 (despite what title and registration says) I figured I'd chime in.

Water ingress was fairly negligible - forward cabin top had to be rebuilt and lots of paint and varnish. Old md2b has stuck exhaust valve (repowering over winter). Cockpit lazerette covers need rebuilding. Tanks are shiney new (2013) stainless. Long list on minor repairs of course, it's been neglected for 7 years now.

Fair boat for the price. Appears to be a Sea witch built in formosa yard in solid glass. Explains why it's the only formosa I've heard of with original glass backed teak decks. I paid $5k purchase, and will be around $15k after new engine, cabin top, etc etc. Call it 20k pretty and cruising, but time will tell.

If I'm wrong about the Sea witch part by God point me in any vaguely right direction - I bought it in May shocked that the admiral gave the go ahead and have yet to actually ID the damm thing. Thanks
Good for you--that's a sweet looking little boat. Love the round portholes.
Old 17-11-2020, 06:20   #22
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indefatiguable View Post

good eye...the formosa 36 is an angelmann design. yes.. made in glass in taiwan.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
formosa