Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 11:25   #1

Boat: Ker 33 IRC
gone n done it

i've been thinking about going back to living on a boat again problem that i have at the minute is that Ruby Tuesday just is not compatible with living aboard - yup i've tried it but hell she's a full blown race boat and you can tell.

so after 7 and a bit years me and Ruby Tuesday are gunna be parting cos i finished putting together a list of the things that i want in my new Ker 33 -- same designer but different builder

the new Roobee Toozdy comes as standard with a proper galley a proper head including a warm water shower (shock horror) and a chart table that really is big enough for a chart to go on too

the current Ruby Tuesday is basically a sled on water inside she's more or less stripped as she was never intended to be anything other than a racetrack bit of fun whereas the new Roobee Toozdy is a proper IRC spec cruiser racer with heck of a lot more emphasis on the cruising aspect -- she's shallower in draft but wider in beam so she should be more stable and faster to plane off wind plus she has an 'A' kite pole fitted from the factory which takes a fair bit of work off the decks and she's also about £50k cheaper than Ruby Tuesday was my ker 9.8 is the down payment on her and the guys that i'm getting the ker 33 from know what she's like so they were really happy to do a deal --- total package price £220k all in

still don't know how that price tag seems good but hell i said yes to a new boat
ruby tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote