Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2017, 17:40   #61

Boat: Not Yet
Re: Good boat for a family to sail from Florida to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobie_ind View Post
Have your plans changed significantly from your first few posts on this thread?
Thanks for the great post Hobie_ind.

My plans haven't changed significantly, but I'm thinking that we may need to give up on the 3rd cabin and look at a Morgan 38, an ODay 40, Ericson 38, C & C 39, Islander 36, or something like a Gulfstar 37. Perhaps spend a little of the fixing up budget to get something already somewhat bluewater ready.

Alternatively we may wait another year and put an extra $30,000 into a Dufour, or Beneteau with 3 cabins. Either from Florida / Caribbean or the Mediterannean. The Beneteau's have a good resale value in Australia so I may look at the possibility of buying one to resell in Australia for a tiny loss after various taxes and repairs etc.

At this stage it's looking at what is possible and plausible, and then moving work and finances around to make it a reality later.

Cheers
Peter
Sailing Soon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, family, florida, sail