Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2017, 17:51   #16

Boat: Sigma 41
Re: Groco K pressure problem

With all the Groco K experts addressing the subject problem, I have the bowl filling when my boat's raw water intake for the Groco is heeled over. Which part # controls the raw water intake to the bowl? Sounds like it is a flapper valve not closing properly. Appreciate any suggestions to fix this problem.
dneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 18:35   #17

I have also had this problem... would love some insight...
TVD1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 19:31   #18

joker valve will let water back in when not closing... probably needs replacement.

We always sail with head seacocks closed. It's a good practice.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:03   #19

Location: The boat - New Bern, NC, USA; Us - Kingsport, TN, USA
Boat: 1988 Pacific Seacraft 34

A couple of weeks ago, my wife went to use the toilet and got both a butt wash and a foot wash. The bowl was full to the brim, and after she sat down it overflowed onto her feet. Unhappy wife. Our toilet bowl's rim is at the boat's waterline. Over time the tongue of rubber in the inlet flapper (Part No. 26) had sagged down de-centering the bronze parts that are attached to the tongue. The rivet washer in the inlet flapper valve was striking the edge of the hole in the inlet hose flange (Part No. 24) keeping the flapper from sealing against the inlet hose flange and allowing seawater to flow into the toilet. I replaced the inlet flapper with a used one that I had removed when I last rebuilt the head and fixed the problem.

Of course, all this happened after we had run the boat aground where she stuck in the sand. The day was saved by beer and supper ashore while we waited on the tide to refloat the boat. (Paragraph 9, June 2 entry in her blog, Irish Eyes to the Bahamas where she did not mention the toilet.)
wsmurdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:55   #20

Boat: Cartwright 36 Cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to SVTwilight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVD1247 View Post
Thank you all... I've tested the unit- the toilet isn't the problem, and holding tank is not full. I must have a blockage in the downstream...
In my 14 year experience with the K that is always the problem if not a clogged joker valve.

Good luck!