Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2014, 10:58   #1

Hughes 38

Hello All,

I am toying with the idea of getting a hughes 38 that is clearly in need of TLC. Specifically the exterior deck seems have allowed intrusion over the winter while the boat was very poorly kept uncovered in northern ohio. Possibly more than one winter, as the gentleman seems unsure.

What I am curious to know is any real world experiences you folks might have about the CORRECT and PROPER way to effect this repair? I could use any advice or info available and if you know of links or sites that have info that would be great as well. I am seeing intrusion and the indirect effect of it on all the interior bulkheads and interior deck. Is this something that should be left to the boneyard? The edges of all interior millwork is rotten and delaminated.

I do not mind the work and effort as I am retired. I have all the necessary shop space and tools, but I have never attempted what seems to be such a structural repair. Or am I making more of it in my mind than is real?

: )

Cheers,

David
gavinator68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Hughes