Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 22:54   #16

Boat: Jeanneau 45DS
Re: Jeanneau 2012 44 DS

The 44ft hull is a new hull. It is shared with the Jeanneau 439. You may struggle to find people who have one to report on just yet. I have sailed several similar yachts from both Jeanneau and Bavaria.
I own a 45DS. However, as I have only owned her for a few weeks and she is on land being loved ready for the Spring I cant report on her abilities... However, I have been over every inch of her and can tell you they are built to s standard that is way above what the "AWB" bashers would love to tell you.
I would not attempt high or low latitude crossings in one but then I wouldnt go there in anything smaller than a Frigate anyway...
If you wish to sail rather than mend a boat...
If you like space, light, air and a little comfort...
If you would like a boat well set up and easy to sail...
These boats are perfect for what 99% of sailors want to do and they deliver it at the right price with a little style.
Thames 4 Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14   #17

Boat: Sailing Club and Charter Boats

Another thing I really like about the DS models is the high position of the cockpit. While it's fun to be close to the water when daysailing on a lake, for coastal cruising and close docking maneuvers I really appreciate the visibility and shelter of the DS design.
BWB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 13:51   #18
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Again to repeat myself. They ( the make) are an extremely well put together boat and will survive bigger seas then you will want to endure.

Go for it.

Dave
Old 17-09-2017, 06:14   #19

Boat: Island Packet 349

I wonder whether the OP has bought the Jeanneau 44DS. Or perhaps anyone else here has this model? I visited one yesterday at a local boat show and liked it. Thinking of taking another look and interested to hearing what owners or users want to share. Particularly, interested in opinions on master cabin liveability in terms of ventilation efficiency, berth comfort, layout, and so on. Thanks!
Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:50   #20

Boat: Elan Impression 45

I have a 2016 44DS. I haven't had it offshore yet, but I plan to in the near future. Thus far, I've only sailed from Kemah, TX to Galveston and around the Galveston Bay. I love the yacht. I second all the good that has been said about it. My previous boat was a 2008 Hunter 36, which I hated, but my wife loved the way it looked. There isn't enough space to describe the problems that I had with it. I would not have even thought of taking it offshore. One of the happiest days in my life was when I sold it, and please don't get me started on how Marlow Hunter treated the owners of the bankrupt-Hunter boats. Prior to the Hunter, however, I had a Beneteau First 285, which I loved, and sailed it up and down the Chesapeake Bay. I was about to purchase another Beneteau when I discovered the Jeanneau. It was love at first sight, and so far I haven't looked back. In my book, you can't go wrong with either Beneteau or Jeanneau. I know everyone knows they are the same company.
jaglaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote