Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2019, 08:13   #1

Lost power to Yanmar control panel

I own a 2013 Beneteau Oceanis 41 and was motoring back to my slip yesterday when I noticed the tach wasn't working. I pushed the bottom button on the Yanmar engine control panel to turn the power back on but nothing happened. Since the engine was running I continued to my slip and tied up. I then tried to turn the motor off using the normal procedure of pushing the stop button, but nothing happened. I was able to stop the motor using the emergency shut down procedure, but now I can't turn the engine on. I'm thinking it's perhaps a blown fuse for the panel, but can't find the fuse for the panel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cape-sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 13:30   #2

Boat: 1994 Ericson 380, 38'
Re: Lost power to Yanmar control panel

My boat was re-powered with a 2012 Yanmar 3JH5E. The control panel does need power to shut down the engine, as there is a stop solenoid involved that needs +12v (in the case of my engine).

No power to the control panel does sound to be fuse related. If you don't have a schematic then you need to trace wires. There should be a wiring diagram in the Yanmar manual. A 'System Diagram'. At least something to diagram the wiring harness so you can trace wires.

Looking at the diagram for my model looks like power to the 'Switch Module' (a group of switches in panel) comes directly from the power wire at the starter. Look at Page 152. Switch module is #14 on the diagram. Follow the power wire and I think it goes through connectors to the starter. Check all your connections from engine to control panel switches.

https://www.yanmar.com/media/global/...JHM-M00201.pdf
Lnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 13:55   #3

Re: Lost power to Yanmar control panel

Thank you for the response. I will check the connections.
Cape-sail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, control panel, lost, yanmar