Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2021, 02:59   #1

Martzcraft 35 flushdeck

Hi all, we are new here, and we are considering buying a Martzcraft 35 1986 flush deck.

The boat was completely renovated and looked really good at the first inspection. Of course a thorough survey would point any further issues.

I have researched to find more info about the flush deck version but couldn’t find much.

Any tips or concern we should be aware of?

We are looking for a comfortable and reliable sailboat to sail the East coast and later live aboard and sail to NZ, New Caledonia, Indo, Tahiti and whereever the wind blows ahahaha.

Cheers and good winds
Paulo
paulosbarros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2021, 03:28   #2

Boat: Nantucket Island 33
Re: Martzcraft 35 flushdeck

The Martzcraft, from a design perspective, was designed for pretty much exactly the purpose you are looking to use a boat for. They get great reviews from owners and I also think they're one of the best mid 30 footers you'll find around Oz. I also love flush decks so I'd grab it in a heartbeat if I were in the market.

As a mid 30 footer flush deck owner myself, I'd say there are some advantages and disadvantages. Perhaps the biggest disadvantage is tending to the main can be a pain because of the high boom and any bimini that may restrict access. The boat will likely not point as high as an aft cockpit due to the higher freeboard, and if you don't have higher freeboard you will have reduced headroom. If the boat is the one in Qld, you'll probably also need to learn not to bang your head every time you walk through the galley.

All in all not a bad looking boat.
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2021, 03:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
The Martzcraft, from a design perspective, was designed for pretty much exactly the purpose you are looking to use a boat for. They get great reviews from owners and I also think they're one of the best mid 30 footers you'll find around Oz. I also love flush decks so I'd grab it in a heartbeat if I were in the market.

As a mid 30 footer flush deck owner myself, I'd say there are some advantages and disadvantages. Perhaps the biggest disadvantage is tending to the main can be a pain because of the high boom and any bimini that may restrict access. The boat will likely not point as high as an aft cockpit due to the higher freeboard, and if you don't have higher freeboard you will have reduced headroom. If the boat is the one in Qld, you'll probably also need to learn not to bang your head every time you walk through the galley.

All in all not a bad looking boat.
Great to hear that Reefmagnet,

Good tips. We are really inclined towards this one.... fingers crossed
paulosbarros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 01:29   #4

Hi there. Did you end up buying it? If yes how are you finding it? If not - any particular reasons?
I’m in a similar position.
Regards
Ken7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 04:24   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, paulosbarros, and Ken.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bluewater, deck, flush deck, Martzcraft 35