Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2021, 15:48   #1

MARTZCRAFT 35 INFO.

Hi All,

I was out on the harbour with my friend today, (Sydney Harbour) that is and we were just doing a bit of a sailing on his CAV 28... I am in the process of getting my 1st boat and as in one of my previous posts

I'm very much keen on the CAV 32 for a bit of solo sailing to FNQ and up thru Indo and Philippines towards the end of the year... well thats the plan anyways.

We were doing a nice steady 4knts and just taking our time and I had some across a boat in the distance to which my friend said it was a Martzcraft 35.

I'm still in the process of looking around and will most likely jump on the CAV 32 once I see one in a month as I do see these for sale more often then not as I guess they are quite popular and a number of them built... Anyhow so I did some research on the Martzcraft 35 and thought it was quite a decent boat.

PROS:

1. Much larger then the Cav 32
2. Large aft cabin
3. Centre cockpit (looks nice and protected from the elements)
4. Looks like a strong build (yes I know looks can be deceiving but I was just having a browse)

An thoughts on this boat? I don't see many of them around and I am trying to get a bit more info on them... I had a look on boat data as well for specs but nothing at this stage... Does anyone have one or sailed one of these fine looking boats. I would love some more info on her build and how she sails in light winds.

I do know from what I read is that they were built around 1990's (not sure how many) and that it is a much heavier build 6500kg dis compared to the CAV 32 which I think is around 4500+... so this might be better stability wise...

Around 50% of my sailing will be single handed solo sailing... and well I've mostly been looking at a few boats in the 32 range as I feel its the perfect size for a person to do some solo sailing. I don't think I could do a 40+ as I think it would be to big to steer. (or more boat more to maintain...)

Although having a boat in the 35ft range might be ideal... as I will would like to sail for the next 2 yrs.Again I'm still in the process and if a CAV 32 comes along in good condition I will probably get that however this does look interesting.

CON:

1. Price

Downside would be the price as a CAV 32 would be in my range of 30-40k with the Martzcraft priced about another 10k... SORRY for the rambling... I'm in my own world at the moment, but it is just so exciting searching for m first ever sail boat!!!

Benjie.
Bennjo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote