Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2015, 18:22   #31

Boat: Passport 40
Re: My apologies

Hubby and my situation was quite unique. When we first met he would go to sea for months at a time, be home for a few weeks and go back out. When home he would try to run the show and that didn't work very well. Then he came home and there was an adjustment period for the both of us. I had three toddlers and he tried to manage me. But as the boys grew so did our relationship. Fast forward some years and we made the decision to move to Angola. It was very isolating and we had to rely on each other a lot. We were each other's cheer leaders. I think that our time in Angola helped prepare us for future cruising. Now we are in dubai and his schedule is much more hectic. We are chartering at the end of the month so that should give us an indication of how it will go.

Our choice of boats is complete opposite. While I like simple, less automated, traditional lines. He prefers the newer boats with electric this and that. The thing is I think in the long run he is going to be unhappy with that tract as. He always has to be doing something. I don't trust all the electric stuff. I want something that is going to be comfortable in a blow. New is his requirement so there we stand. It is going to come down to money and timing.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
brookiesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 05:12   #32

Boat: Various
Re: My apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookiesailor View Post
Hubby and my situation was quite unique.
Wifey B: Aren't we all. And whereas your situation was very unique to most of us and not one we immediately understood, I can assure you my hubby's and mine would confuse, amuse, and even shock quite a few if we shared in full disclosure and that is from the day we met, probably until the day we die. And if, as likely, only one of us dies at a time, then life for the other will be unique too. We sure don't follow the script and we take doing it our way to the extreme, but we have fun and it works for us.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote