Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2024, 20:22   #1

Boat: looking to buy my first boat
new to sailing Hello

im 62 and im at the point I want to do something totally different
I want to sell my property and buy a liveaboard sailboat!
I've always wanted to see the world and could never afford it!
I'm at the point where my property is no longer serving me I'm serving it!
my thoughts are traveling the world would be much more affordable, with the right sailboat of course
the place I live now off in the country is difficult to date ...id like a good relationship .. I'm thinking that I would stand a much better chance to find a partner sailing
my questions I know there is a lot of maintenance I can do myself I'm a mechanic and fabricator welder builder electrician
what are the costs I may not be thinking of? what advice would you give to the type of boat 150k to 200k
I like a GAF rig cutter steel hull 50ft. I think it would be safer in blue water
I figure I would hire some knowledgeable sailors to help and I would learn from them
does this sound ridiculous am I crazy lol
skyratgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2024, 21:33   #2

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: new to sailing Hello

Welcome to CruisersForum!

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing