Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2021, 13:43   #1

Boat: Hunter 260
New to the forum

Hello all , so a little history . Sold a Bayfield 32C last year as became not a single handed sail anymore , miss her greatly was a great vessel ! Then went to the dark side with a Doral 30 , not for me as I found out … So have just purchased a Hunter 260 and wanting to hopefully connect with others that own a H 260 …
Cheers Brad
grangehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 14:03   #2

Re: New to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by grangehill View Post
Hello all , so a little history . Sold a Bayfield 32C last year as became not a single handed sail anymore , miss her greatly was a great vessel ! Then went to the dark side with a Doral 30 , not for me as I found out … So have just purchased a Hunter 260 and wanting to hopefully connect with others that own a H 260 …
Cheers Brad

Welcome. I had a friend who did that two years ago: Catalina 34 Mk II to a nice Ranger Tug, and regretted it almost immediately. Started looking for another C34 Mk II, don't know if he's found one, they're kinda rare - people who have them usually keep them, except for my friend! I've had my Mk I since 1998! She was 12 years old when I found her.

Welcome back.

Oh, and please note while this is a great forum, you WILL find much more Hunter related material at https://sbo.sailboatowners.com/recent-fx.php, which is also a Hunter Owners Group.

I peruse multiple boating forums, and learn different things from different ones, all good.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 17:56   #3

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:13   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Brad.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 04:16   #5

Quote:
Cheers Brad
Welcome aboard, Brad!

Anywhere near TO? There are a bunch of us (Forum Members) who are on Lake Ontario's North Shore.

Congrats on your H26. I hear they're great all-around sailers.

Warmly,
LittleWing77
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:08   #6

Boat: Hunter 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing77 View Post
Welcome aboard, Brad!

Anywhere near TO? There are a bunch of us (Forum Members) who are on Lake Ontario's North Shore.

Congrats on your H26. I hear they're great all-around sailers.

Warmly,
LittleWing77
Hello LittleWing , I like that handle . North of TO on southern Georgian Bat in the Harbour of Thornbury.
grangehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:38   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

Welcome To the forum!
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 13:43   #8

Quote:
Hello LittleWing,
I like that handle. North of TO on southern Georgian Bay in the Harbour of Thornbury.
Thanks! There's nobody like Hendrix. Thornbury, eh? Currently, I'm spending 3 days a week in Midland...

Okay, so going from East to West, here is the Lake Ontario gang: Hamburgerking (Dave) - out near Kingston and, like you, a Hunter owner (formerly) and on the lookout for his next one; AnnCognito is in Merritville with her lovely little Grampian 26; Danstanford is at Coburg Yacht Club with his hot-$hit J88; I'm out of Aquatic Park Sailing Club in Toronto (I sail other people's boats); Emoyeni is Toronto - with a lovely C&C 29 he just refurbished; astokel is at Outer Harbour Marina with the second Grampian 26 of the group; Vasco is out of Ashbridges Bay but he doesn't seem to post much anymore; Lake-Effect is Etobicoke or Mimico Yacht Club - I think he told me he has a daysailer, but I can't remember which; and boatpoker (Wallace) is a surveyor out of PCYC who has a refurbished fantail cabin cruiser that he and Sharon did a total refit on a few years ago. His website is www.pcmarinesurveys.com if you want to have a look. Bloody gorgeous.

I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody, but those are the current and (mostly active) Lake Ontario Forum Members.

Emoyeni just got back from a charter in the BVIs - begging the question... how are the REST of us going to get through the Winter I'd like to know??? Although I did just get a notice that the Toronto International Boat Show is a go this Winter. Yipee!

LittleWing77

(Gord May is Ontario too, but he's way the hell up in Thunder Bay, so a bit removed from us down here.)
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rum