Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2019, 08:41   #1

Boat: Endurance 35
Northern Reef/ Edward Williams Insurance

Hi All, Ive had insurance with the above for a number of years and have been recently reading adverse information about them and Edward William Marine Insurance who are based in Spain. I would like to hear from any one with either good or bad experiences, our Endurance 35 is Ferro and even though she was built professionally no one else will touch us .......

Thanks
JulianGullsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 14:34   #2

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Northern Reef/ Edward Williams Insurance

I helped a guy attempt a claim with them for a total loss. It was a useless exercise. The damage happened in a yard and after the incident the marina would not accept any yachts insured by them.

Google is your friend. That said, in your case it may be the only choice and if you need coverage to show to marinas, etc then it maybe worth it. Just don't expect any payouts.
Old 01-05-2020, 13:10   #3

SCAM ALERT!

I made a claim through Northern Reef/Edward Williams and they are now saying that Northern Reef has ceased trading and they cannot pay out my claim.

They are tricksters and scammers based in Spain and will never pay out any claims. Don't insure through them as the insurance is worthless. If you want to contact me for proof or enquiries my email address is interstellar9573@yahoo.com.au

I'd be happy to help anyone so that these scammers don't rip off more people.
Paul9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 14:04   #4

Boat: Blue Buoy Del Rey 50

We where insured with Edward Williams, we had 3 different claims all paid by them, One was for lost mast, one for damge to cabin and outboard when hit, and one for stolen dinghy.

Just make sure read everything well like keeping all the reciepts, photos, video documentation.

In clarity they did not just pay out. I had to replace everything/fix everything at my own expense and send them the reciepts which they payed my back on.

Somethings depending on what they where they paid out on a depreciated value. Though they did tell me both before and after I could insure for an agreed upon amount.

Last time I was insured was around 4yrs ago.
deepthought is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance