Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2008, 22:02   #1

Boat: none yet
Opinions about Endeavour 35 0r 33

Looking for a solid coastal cruiser, shallow draft that can take the blue stuff for a spell in the Bahamas & the Caribbean- mostly island hopping.

The Endeavour 35 & 33 models were designed by Bruce Kelly and a better performer than earlier models . The also used Klegecell foam coring rather than plywood.
Anyone have an opinion or first hand knowledge of how well built these boats are? I sail mostly the Great Lakes which can get real ruff...but not like I'm doing the Cape Horn. I also plan a trip or 2 back to the bahamas and on to the Leeward & windward islands. I am on a tight budget $orry folks so for 40k I can choose an Endeavour, C&C 35 Landfall, or a 34 Hunter. Haven't seen anything else so far that I like that's in my price range and not a project boat.

Come on mates I need some help here! I'm tired of being land locked.

Fair winds, Allan Arrrrrrrrr
allan C&C less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 02:45   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Generally speaking, I'd prefer a C&C Landfall over either the Hunter or Endeavour.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 04:07   #3
Armchair Bucketeer

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...35-a-2780.html

Hopefully helps a bit.........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 04:55   #4

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Lots of fairly decent small Landfalls around. I'd go with one of them. Look in the States with the Canadian dollar still near par there's deals to be had.
Old 25-04-2008, 05:35   #5

Lotta good choices in that size/price range on the Great Lakes. Do a boats dot com search.
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 08:30   #6

Boat: Endeavour E40
ENDEAVOUR 35!
AUTHOR: My dear ole MOM
High Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 16:28   #7

Eh Gord nice to hear from you again!

Thanks Gord for your comments. I agree and I'm leaning towards another Landfall. This time round the Landfall 35". Almost stole a CS Traditional. Couldn't get to the owner's marina to sign the paper work because of a snow storm ...2 days later a fella south of the border offered 10 k more than me and well the rest is history. Darn and it was mint and I almost got it for 40k! I am also attracted to the Endeavour 35' & 33' They were designed with a modern hull and were more a performance boat than the other Endeavour's such as the 37 or 32 which were more like slugs. The 35' & 33' were also were built differently. I am trying to find out if there newer build techniques were well done or just so so. Maybe someone who owns one or knows of an owner can pipe in with some info.
How's the weather up in Thunderbay? Have you got yourself a boat yet?

Fair winds, Allan
Old 25-04-2008, 16:40   #8

Vasco, "lots of fairly good Landfalls around" ??? I'm only interested in the 35. I've already had a 38 & 40. There are only 3 or 4 I know of on Yachtworld. One has been on the hard in the Carib for years, another in Florida for at least 2...that leaves 2 that i know of. One of which hasn't been used in a while either. If you know of any others drop me a line or email me at: guestallan@hotmail.com

Must be under 50k...prefer 40k or less. Also would consider ( in order) a Freedom 32 - Hoyt model, Nonsuch 30, Tartan 34, Sabre34. But I am looking for boat well cared for and upgraded. Not looking for a project boat or one that requires lot of $$$ to be cruise ready. I am also open to other makes/models. Not into racing anymore and at 54 I'm getting layz and me back isn't that good. Thank god me wife is good at massages!

Tally ho, Allan
Old 25-04-2008, 20:09   #9

Thanks David or should I say DOJ? Good link.
It's been a while since I've been back on cruisers forum had some health problems but fine now!
Great see the old boys like Gord May and Jeff H are still around. Those two and few others here are a wealth of info for sure!
I also checked on your website David...great stuff...but that pic of a gal's butt..well shiver me timbers!

Arrrrr ...seems me's been landbound for too long!

Time to sling some grog, Allan
Old 25-04-2008, 20:19   #10

Hi Cotton,

See you have a Endeavour 40. Too big for my needs, but looks like a sweet boat. Do you know of any E-35 or E33 owners that might enlighten me before I look elsewhere? There are some nice ones on the market that are going...well cheap. Which suits my needs to a tee. But I aren't going to buy a Edsel just cause they are cheap! I could buy a Crapalina or a Benny that's not worth much more than a penny in 5 years and can't take a blow over 25 knots.

Cheers, Allan
Old 26-04-2008, 01:37   #11
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan C&C less View Post
I also checked on your website David...great stuff...but that pic of a gal's butt..well shiver me timbers!
We aim to please
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 18:21   #12

Re: Opinions about Endeavour 35 0r 33

So would you consider the quality of the E35 at the same level as early to mid 80's Pearsons and Cals?
timc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavour