Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2016, 17:30   #31

Boat: Liberty 458
Re: PERRY 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskfreedom View Post
My family and I have an opportunity to trade a 1977 Perry 47cc for one of my rental properties. The boat has bin sitting for three years. It was built in Thailand and I guess Perry and the Yard had a falling out so he wasn't involved the whole time of build. The owner originally asked 127k but now wants 95k. It has the Perkins 85hp 4-236, 10kw Isuzu gen.,4kw backup gen.,Pur water maker, the main sail is on a mast mounted roller furling, and a bunch of other stuff. I figure it needs about 25k to make her new again. The house I originally bought four years ago for 45k, refinanced for 65k wich is what I owe on it now. He wants me to pay it off and trade strait across.It appraised at 85k. Our original plan was to sell everything and purchase a cat for around 250k. But if we got this boat we could keep our beautiful house on the river and have way more money to cruise on. I will be honest I don't know smack about mono's. The past four years I have been doing research on cats because I never thought I would go over to the dark side. But now I'm seriously considering this trade. If any one has any info on this boat or advise on what to do I Would be in your dept. Thank you very much
If your desire is a cat why pick this mono? What does the family think?

Is this a project boat thats been left to decay or a viable proposition?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
leftbrainstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 23:22   #32

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

An eight old thread resurrected, but a good one. Liked to read how a problem was easily solved with grace all round.
Was the OP and just now Surazo, talking about this kind of boat?
Used Robert Perry 47ft Cutter for Sale | Yachts For Sale | Yachthub
or this one?
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1978...s#.Vw84DXrDzCk
Old 14-04-2016, 09:44   #33

Boat: Perry 47 Ketch 1981
Send a message via Skype™ to surazo

Yes hank ,I'm speaking about this boats as a representative of extreme care situation .Anyway I prefer a Ketch CC .As i said my actual boat is a Perry 47 cc ketch .I know him the last 30 years when arrived brand new .It was built in litton marine ,Taiwan in 1981.
I changed my Van de stad 54 for him and I think that was a good deal .
surazo is offline   Reply With Quote